OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
AI upscaled textures created by me
https://mega.nz/file/smxwALwT#kETK9wNo11tSq00Dg2KVqVX5IVvckijyDI01_FRpi4U

It should be noted that this HD texture pack does not include some item icons and maps. It is estimated that the ids of those textures may be randomly generated, which will only be very large in number or will not end. The facial textures of some characters are not complete,I need to use different characters to clear the game to get it, which is very time-consuming....... Some textures will be broken after HD processing, so they are not included. The HD texture pack corresponds to the US version SLUS-20765) / VER = version 2.00
Players who need online multiplayer mode need to have a Japanese version or an English patched version. This HD pack can also support it. Just change the name of the game's ID folder to SLPM-65428.An updated texture pack may be released later with Japanese HD font textures

Last edited by zombie167,

moneytheman12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good work but can I ask why it's only 4k I noticed mostly everybody does that like its a limit why is it nobody does higher it's almost like 4k is a fad

I can do 5k resolution easy in the emu I gotta monster 3080 I would like if people really pushed the textures to 6 or 8k but they don't

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Good work but can I ask why it's only 4k I noticed mostly everybody does that like its a limit why is it nobody does higher it's almost like 4k is a fad

I can do 5k resolution easy in the emu I gotta monster 3080 I would like if people really pushed the textures to 6 or 8k but they don't
Textures at 8k resolution take up a lot of space and load the processor much more. I think 4k is enough. And not everyone has 3080 and even more so 3090.

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I know but what about 6k I tried talking to you last week in private
Technically, this can be easily done. And up to 6k and up to 8k. But since there are not so many people playing games with Play Station 2, and even fewer people involved in upscaling, 4k is somehow more preferable. For a mass player, so to speak.

moneytheman12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, this can be easily done. And up to 6k and up to 8k. But since there are not so many people playing games with Play Station 2, and even fewer people involved in upscaling, 4k is somehow more preferable. For a mass player, so to speak.
But I was talking in general 4k is the go to as if its a limit why is it never any alternative for people like me who want higher...

kupo-on-gbatem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Calling a texture pack 4k, 8k or whatever is bullshit anyway. You can set the internal resolution in the emulator, but IR and texture sizes is a different kettle of fish. What do you think is needed to make a texture pack "4k"? Making each texture 4096x4096? Makes no sense, because each game has multiple textures in different sizes from like 32x32 to 1024x1024. Upscaling a texture from 32x32 to 4096x4096 would be dumb. I think, I don't have to explain why. So what else could make people arrive at the conclusion that their pack is 4k? Upscaling all textures by factor x6, because the IR of x6 native is described as 4k in the pcsx2 settings? Makes no sense either, because as I already said IR and texture sizes is a different kettle of fish. Some textures in a game look better on a higher IR, even if you didn't touch the textures. Others look really pixelated or blurry and fall out of line. So saying that simply upscaling all textures by x6 makes them "4k" makes no sense either. Plus most esrgan models are trained on factor x4. To make textures x6 would mean to resize them a few times, which is inefficient. Plus plus a texture upscaled by factor x4 can still look better than a texture upscaled by factor x8, if you use the right model. My honest thought why people call their texture packs 4k? Because it impresses people who are clueless and generates more clicks. And I really dislike this trend.

moneytheman12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling a texture pack 4k, 8k or whatever is bullshit anyway. You can set the internal resolution in the emulator, but IR and texture sizes is a different kettle of fish. What do you think is needed to make a texture pack "4k"? Making each texture 4096x4096? Makes no sense, because each game has multiple textures in different sizes from like 32x32 to 1024x1024. Upscaling a texture from 32x32 to 4096x4096 would be dumb. I think, I don't have to explain why. So what else could make people arrive at the conclusion that their pack is 4k? Upscaling all textures by factor x6, because the IR of x6 native is described as 4k in the pcsx2 settings? Makes no sense either, because as I already said IR and texture sizes is a different kettle of fish. Some textures in a game look better on a higher IR, even if you didn't touch the textures. Others look really pixelated or blurry and fall out of line. So saying that simply upscaling all textures by x6 makes them "4k" makes no sense either. Plus most esrgan models are trained on factor x4. To make textures x6 would mean to resize them a few times, which is inefficient. Plus plus a texture upscaled by factor x4 can still look better than a texture upscaled by factor x8, if you use the right model. My honest thought why people call their texture packs 4k? Because it impresses people who are clueless and generates more clicks. And I really dislike this trend.
Your right the textures are not all the same size but even when upscaled using the built in scaler of pcsx2 or any other emu makes the game look sharper

it cant upscale menus all the time but the gameplay always looks way better this is for all emus it really makes no sense on a pc using a emu that close up to have the original bad graphics looks horrible to me

Its no way a person unless they have bad vision they see the orginal graphics and think this looks better then hd
Its the same when watching a show not upgraded to hd it looks horrible

As far as Why people call the textures 4k when the sizes as you and I argeed on aren't all started from the same size I guess its just people round off you know we all do that with stuff cash or time so it might not be 4k but close to it same goes for any other texture

I only want sharper graphics it doesnt matter to me if its not exact numbers of 6 or 8 I just want higher

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Your right the textures are not all the same size but even when upscaled using the built in scaler of pcsx2 or any other emu makes the game look sharper

it cant upscale menus all the time but the gameplay always looks way better this is for all emus it really makes no sense on a pc using a emu that close up to have the original bad graphics looks horrible to me

Its no way a person unless they have bad vision they see the orginal graphics and think this looks better then hd
Its the same when watching a show not upgraded to hd it looks horrible

As far as Why people call the textures 4k when the sizes as you and I argeed on aren't all started from the same size I guess its just people round off you know we all do that with stuff cash or time so it might not be 4k but close to it same goes for any other texture

I only want sharper graphics it doesnt matter to me if its not exact numbers of 6 or 8 I just want higher
kupo-on-gbatem has a good point. But it also seems to me that if you upscale the same textures 8 times instead of 4, then ESRGAN models can spoil the visual part of the texture by blurring it. So an upscale of 4 times is the most optimal figure at the moment. At least until neural networks are improved in the future. And it's not far off. So what we already have is any better than having nothing. I think so.

moneytheman12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kupo-on-gbatem has a good point. But it also seems to me that if you upscale the same textures 8 times instead of 4, then ESRGAN models can spoil the visual part of the texture by blurring it. So an upscale of 4 times is the most optimal figure at the moment. At least until neural networks are improved in the future. And it's not far off. So what we already have is any better than having nothing. I think so.
I would but its a long process I know
I don't think I'm being greedy wanting to push my monster card more am i?

Shinox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to test this on the Japanese version with the folder name SLPM-65428 but it freezes before the title screen, any help?
i'm using the English patched one btw

TheSoulCollector

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AI upscaled textures created by me
mega.nz/file/smxwALwT#kETK9wNo11tSq00Dg2KVqVX5IVvckijyDI01_FRpi4U

It should be noted that this HD texture pack does not include some item icons and maps. It is estimated that the ids of those textures may be randomly generated, which will only be very large in number or will not end. The facial textures of some characters are not complete,I need to use different characters to clear the game to get it, which is very time-consuming....... Some textures will be broken after HD processing, so they are not included. The HD texture pack corresponds to the US version SLUS-20765) / VER = version 2.00
Players who need online multiplayer mode need to have a Japanese version or an English patched version. This HD pack can also support it. Just change the name of the game's ID folder to SLPM-65428.An updated texture pack may be released later with Japanese HD font textures

Nice texture pack! I loaded the Outbreak scenario and textures definitely look clearer. The dishes especially look much better!! However, the bar's logo is illegible and some textures look smudgey, but that's to be expected. On the Hive, the "N" of the "Nurse" label above what I presume to be the Nurse's office is effected by what appears to be texture tearing.

For anyone interested and hoping for a preservation of the original art style, it appears some details have changed. For example, the oven behind the bar is clean instead of dirty, and I think the hardwood floor upstairs is a lot cleaner too, if those are indicators of a new art style for this HD texture pack.

Thank you for showing love to this masterfully crafted game
Post automatically merged:

I tried to test this on the Japanese version with the folder name SLPM-65428 but it freezes before the title screen, any help?
disable 'precache textures' if you have it enabled.

Last edited by TheSoulCollector,

zombie167

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Nice texture pack! I loaded the Outbreak scenario and textures definitely look clearer. The dishes especially look much better!! However, the bar's logo is illegible and some textures look smudgey, but that's to be expected. On the Hive, the "N" of the "Nurse" label above what I presume to be the Nurse's office is effected by what appears to be texture tearing.

For anyone interested and hoping for a preservation of the original art style, it appears some details have changed. For example, the oven behind the bar is clean instead of dirty, and I think the hardwood floor upstairs is a lot cleaner too, if those are indicators of a new art style for this HD texture pack.

Thank you for showing love to this masterfully crafted game

disable 'precache textures' if you have it enabled.

Thanks for your valuable opinion
The original texture of the oven in the bar is only a small corner of one of the texture maps, and in the game it is just a white object with shades of gray, it took me a while to guess it was the oven, I didn't understand if it was dirty or not, just replaced it with another new texture
My personal skills are limited and in order to limit the size of the final HD texture pack,many HD textures have not been further optimized, so it looks blurry.
I didn't intentionally change the art style of the game. The game's original textures are tiny, and when zoomed in, the noise-like pixels are quite noticeable and give a dirty look, even if the game isn't. When the texture is converted to HD by AI, it will be cleaner. I have improved this in the later texture creation. In the creation of Outbreak file 2 HD textures, I even strengthened those "dirty" details

That's because the emulator is building texture cache and in the state of black screen or soft lock. Try not to check the preload texture cache at first, and then check that option after entering the game.

Last edited by zombie167,
Reactions: TheSoulCollector

TheSoulCollector

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your valuable opinion
The original texture of the oven in the bar is only a small corner of one of the texture maps, and in the game it is just a white object with shades of gray, it took me a while to guess it was the oven, I didn't understand if it was dirty or not, just replaced it with another new texture
My personal skills are limited and in order to limit the size of the final HD texture pack,many HD textures have not been further optimized, so it looks blurry
didn't intentionally change the art style of the game. The game's original textures are tiny, and when zoomed in, the noise-like pixels are quite noticeable and give a dirty look, even if the game isn't. When the texture is converted to by AI, it will be cleaner. I have improved this in the later texture creation. In the creation of Outbreak file 2 HD textures, I even strengthened those "dirty" details

That's because the emulator is building texture cache and in the state of black screen or soft lock. Try not to check the preload texture cache at first, and then check that option after entering the game.

Thanks for your response and the explanation directed at my feedback.

I see. So the offset of noisy zoomed in textures is the AI, hence the clean look. Admittedly, I like a grimy look for games like this. Nevertheless, I concur; some textures were too blurry to objectively determine whether the item was grimy or not.

By the way, your Outbreak File #2 HD texture pack looks flipping amazing so far! Easily passes as an official remaster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: