Reselling 3DS

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by DigitalDeviant, Jan 25, 2011.

1. DigitalDeviant
    OP

DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    You know how people resold ps3's and wii's online for outrageous prices of upwards of 800 and 400 dollars respectively, you think the same will happen with the 3DS? Some joe schmoe buying it and then reselling it for double? Just a thought.

2. SamAsh07

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    Taking into account that a die-hard fan who is craving for a 3DS doesn't get his hands on one and the stocks are out. Yes.

3. Pyrmon

Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

Sep 25, 2010
    Canada
    Montreal
    It won't happen as long as Nintendo makes enough to meet the demand. IFthey don't produce enough, people will immediately start reselling them.

4. DigitalDeviant
    OP

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    I totally feel Like checking my local gamestop on launch day to see if there's an outrageous line.

5. Sterling

Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    IF I have enough money to buy two, then I will do that. I have one pre-ordered already, so I should be getting one on launch date. 400 - 450 sounds like a reasonable, "I need one nao" price.

6. DigitalDeviant
    OP

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    LOL, would you sell it here on the 'temp?

7. Sterling

Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    No of course not. For the most part the people on the 'temp are not average "foaming at the mouth" consumers. Even then, that would be USD, so the euro and the pound Australian Dollar would have to be equivalent to 3x the initial dollar amount. [​IMG] I would have to put a discount on it if I couldn't find a buyer outside of GBAtemp anyway.

8. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    I assume it will happen.

Nintendo has even said that they have a limited quantity similar to the Wii (and you know how long it took for the Wii to get back in stock).

9. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Taiwan
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Will most definitely happen. It's generating more hype than the Wii was as far as I'm concerned, and the shortage of stock is inevitable come release date.