Request: Wav to CWAV format changer

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Portal2player56, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Portal2player56
    OP

Portal2player56 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    i am requesting a Wav to Cwav format changer as i would love to put custom Sounds in a custom theme. i have files that say nintendo SDK in yata+ Files but i have no idea how to use it properly... help?

2. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    Yeah YATA+ does say a few things about the converter. It's part of the Nintendo SDK so passing the files here is a no go because those files are licensed. I found it on the iso site that we cant talk about here couple days ago.
    I don't think this will do the job.

3. Luckkill4u

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    Yeah YATA+ does say a few things about the converter. It's part of the Nintendo SDK so passing the files here is a no go because those files are licensed. I found it on the iso site that we cant talk about here couple days ago.
    I don't think this will do the job.

4. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    pc.jpg i will check that out. btw this is what i am talking about. (the folder that is slightly highlighted..)

5. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    how do i launch it? i can't find a application file to start it up..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i need something to CONVERT A WAV FILE to a Cwav file...not this that has to do with designs....

6. Luckkill4u

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    you need WavCodecCtr.dll, ToolDevelopmentKit.dll, SoundFoundationCtr.dll, SoundFoundation.LegacyFormats.dll, SoundFoundation.dll, ctr_WaveConverter32.exe and Convert.bat (Maybe?) in the same location as YATA+.

Here's my go at SFX sounds and BGM
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

7. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    it is. (just realized that it was a few mins ago...) still don't know how to make it so it can convert the wav to cwav. it brings up a black cmd win, then an error pops up saying it stopped working, then it closes when i hit X on the error message, in yata+ it does the same thing...but when i click , it says Done! even tho it didn't even convert the file from wav to cwav..

8. Uziskull

Uziskull Picture may not be real

Nov 15, 2015
    Portugal
    Somewhere, probably
    As said previously, you need certain files from the leaked SDK we're not allowed to link to.

Here's how I do it for my themes:
    Assuming you have said files, you have to open up a command prompt on the same folder (Shift + R-Click on folder, or use "cd" on CMD to navigate to the folder) and run ctr_WaveConverter32:
    Code:
    (Assuming your sound effect file is called sfx.wav)

> ctr_WaveConverter32 sfx.wav
    There are various optional parameters that you can use, you can find these by running the program with "--help" next to it.

Last edited by Uziskull, Jan 28, 2016
  9. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    i try running the command promt with it but it just says "Ctr_Wavconverter.exe has stopped working." and gives me only "look online for a solution" or "close the application"

Attached Files:

• pc.jpg
      pc.jpg
      File size:
      234.8 KB
      Views:
  10. Uziskull

Nov 15, 2015
    Portugal
    Somewhere, probably
    Make sure ctr_WavConverter32.exe is in the folder it was when you downloaded it. It needs a bunch of .dll files that come with it.

11. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    it is in the folder it came with... your looking at it right now. it was like this when i got it..

12. Uziskull

Nov 15, 2015
    Portugal
    Somewhere, probably
    Just to make sure you are on the folder I'm refering to, the folder where you're opening your CMD prompt has some sub-folders called "ctr_FsAccessLogAnalyzer" and "ctr_GxCommandAnalyzer", right?

13. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    it didn't come with those 2 files... just the sdk,the ctr_wavecon32.exe,SEVERAL dll files,and a mac file version of sdk.(the cwav file is something i put in there.)

oh wait. i found the 2 files.

so what do i do with the 2 files?

14. Uziskull

Nov 15, 2015
    Portugal
    Somewhere, probably
    First, don't double/triple post, please.

The folder that contains those folders (not files, folders) should also contain ctr_WaveConverter32. Try running that .exe through a CMD prompt on that folder with the parameter --help.

15. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Perhaps you might find this easier. Enter SDK, then "CTR_SDK", then "tools", then "CommandLineTools".

In your other folder, CTRL+Left Click to multi-select all your .wavs, and drag/drop your .wavs over "ctr_WaveConverter32.exe". This will generate .dspadpcm.bcwav versions of your .wavs, which will export to the same folder your .wavs are located.

From here, run YATA+, Edit>Create CWAVs Chunk>Import your converted .dspadpcm.bcwav files over each SFX, then click Create.

I think your .wavs have to be small or the 3DS won't like it.

16. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    ok i did. now it opened up ad said stuff but couldn't read it cause it dismissed the promt really fast.

17. Uziskull

Nov 15, 2015
    Portugal
    Somewhere, probably
    Thank you for providing an easier way to do it, that seems a lot easier to understand :P

You can either use the CMD prompt with the right parameters as I said on an earlier post, or you can drag'n'drop files into the .exe to create the .cwavs.

CrispyYoshi likes this.
  18. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    THANK YOU FINALLY! i got them to turn using the tip from CrispyYoshi.

19. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    i have 1 slight problem... when i imported the files into the theme, it allowed them but then a second file appeared in the folder for the theme i am touching up. it was named as dec_body_LZ.bin. when i tried it out in the 3ds it just stuck with the no theme background and no bgm or noises. then i tried removing the Body_LZ.bin file (the one that was there b4 the new file came up) and renaming the dec one to body_LZ.Bin. still nothing what am i doing wrong? i saved the theme after i imported the cwavs and set the sfx to enable and everything in order. so i do not know what it is that is wrong. each sfx is 2 seconds long. does it's file size matter?

20. Uziskull

Nov 15, 2015
    Portugal
    Somewhere, probably
    dec_body_LZ.bin is not your theme. It's a temp file created by YATA+. Your theme is body_LZ.bin; ignore the other file.

21. Portal2player56
    OP

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    oh. ok. btw is there a size limit for the cwav?

22. Uziskull

Nov 15, 2015
    Portugal
    Somewhere, probably
    Around ~3.3MB is the music size limit.