Hacking REQUEST: Summon Night 5 Undub/Voice Patch

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sorry for the bump, but is anyone already found a workaround way to put the Japanese voice to the English version or put English script to Japanese version?

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't the translation on this game kind of poor quality anyway? i'm interested in playing it but i don't really want to bother without the voices, especially if the translation is all meme-y.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
isn't the translation on this game kind of poor quality anyway? i'm interested in playing it but i don't really want to bother without the voices, especially if the translation is all meme-y.
Having played uo to chapter 6 i can say the localization is not THAT bad, not so meme-ish but the translators took some liberties with the script (makes it more lively). That is my opinion though. If you want a retranslation, go for it.

Reactions: mwahaha

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Having played uo to chapter 6 i can say the localization is not THAT bad, not so meme-ish but the translators took some liberties with the script (makes it more lively). That is my opinion though. If you want a retranslation, go for it.

Yeah, it's better than never seeing the localization at all. That's why I hope there are undub patch, to see what they changed and why people said the change is suck. Because of watching anime for years, I understand some dialog in Japan language, but I can't read a thing of it, even Hiragana and Katakana make my head hurts to remember it.

Blobbio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In no way would I call the localisation "poor quality". Don't listen to people who are bitching because it's not a 100% literal translation.

Anyway I really appreciate the people who at least tried looking into this. I wish I could help but I honestly know nothing about PSP ISOs/hacking, hence I made this thread to open it up to others D:

I hope someone will succeed on this. It's a waste to remove such an amazing cast of voices.

True. There is a cast of A-grade Japanese VAs in this game, so it would definitely be worthwhile if someone figured out how to do it.

Last edited by Blobbio,
Reactions: Pablitox

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
True. There is a cast of A-grade Japanese VAs in this game, so it would definitely be worthwhile if someone figured out how to do it.

Hiroshi Kamiya? Wow, my most favorite VA is the seiyuu of MC? This game definitely need an undub version O.o

In no way would I call the localisation "poor quality". Don't listen to people who are bitching because it's not a 100% literal translation.

Yeah, and most of west localization of japanese game doesn't have a 100% literal translation at all. What I I played not to long ago are Sweet Fuse and Sand of Destruction game. Most of the time, what the character said don't match with the script. For example they made a character cracks a jokes in one scene when the original scene he didn't do it or in Sand Destruction, the character said "Nani?!" with surprised tone while the script said "Take us." that sound too flat.

So yeah, I don't understand why people make so big fuss of it when this kind of things already been practiced since long time ago. If they felt so irritated by it, just play the Japanese version and stop bashing the localization. I afraid this kind of behavior will make the company stop localizing any games in the future because what those people said will make consumer lost of interest and hurts the sales of this game.

WindAlf

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried messing around with the Dat files a little bit (both versions of the game), but i can't find the suitable program that can convert them properly

Last edited by WindAlf,

Cerzel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm certainly interested in seeing this happen.

As for the localisation, it's pretty bad no matter how you slice it. Even putting aside your preference for literal or liberal translations, it also has a heap of errors in the text as well as introducing a severe bug regarding getting new skills consistently crashing the game.

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hiroshi Kamiya? Wow, my most favorite VA is the seiyuu of MC? This game definitely need an undub version O.o

Yeah, and most of west localization of japanese game doesn't have a 100% literal translation at all. What I I played not to long ago are Sweet Fuse and Sand of Destruction game. Most of the time, what the character said don't match with the script. For example they made a character cracks a jokes in one scene when the original scene he didn't do it or in Sand Destruction, the character said "Nani?!" with surprised tone while the script said "Take us." that sound too flat.

So yeah, I don't understand why people make so big fuss of it when this kind of things already been practiced since long time ago. If they felt so irritated by it, just play the Japanese version and stop bashing the localization. I afraid this kind of behavior will make the company stop localizing any games in the future because what those people said will make consumer lost of interest and hurts the sales of this game.

Yep, no translation is a 1:1 work, even the ones of your favorite or big-ticket games such as FF. The end user just never gets to see the difference since they can't compare them side-by-side.
This isn't a bad thing, that's just how translation works.

But you got good and bad writers just as with everything else, the player doesn't really have a say in it. Unless you specifically look for games where most people's opinions are along the lines of "This game has great writing!" which probably means that it had a good localizer and/or editor.

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so. Kind of a shame, I know they did it with Growlanser Wayfarer of Time which had a similar treatment on the voices (only the very few animated cutscenes got dubbed the rest had voices cut out) and someone restored the Japanese voices throughout the game. Sounds like it was more difficult here, or maybe just not enough interest.

Reactions: WindAlf

cj_iwakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not the same as Wayfarer of Time. Not by a longshot. Wayfarer had NO VOICE in battles. NONE.

This still has battle voices, and snippets during the town segments.

Reactions: Shinon

cj_iwakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the final chapter.

So far, I really think this is just a perfectly average game. It's fun, I like the characters, it has good mechanics(and some I really love, like the party abilities), but it's just not great. I honestly think CoH2 was more enjoyable. I'm glad we got it, but for all the work and time this cost Vic, I feel like it would've been better spent on something truly magnificent like Tengai Makyou or Growlanser(damn you to hell, Atlus, LET HIM HAVE IT).

Reactions: WindAlf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1