[request] Some help with GBA cheats

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by makute, Jun 30, 2011.

Jun 30, 2011
  1. makute
    OP

Newcomer makute Newbie

Hello everyone,

After a couple weeks lurking every forum on the internet about GBA roms and flashcarts, I'm yet to get working a single pokemon emerald cheat code on my M3 DS Real. I tried every procedure and read every (and I mean every) post regarding GBA emulation and cheats; from the M3 Sakura FAQ to the M3 Wiki, and all in between: activating the cheats on an emulator (vba, no$gba, etc) and transferring the save to the flashcarts didn't worked, editing a .cht file didn't worked on M3 DS Real vanilla firmware nor on M3 Sakura.

I consider myself an above average computer user, and double checked every step, but for some strange reason, this issue is beyond me.

So, I make a humble request to my fellow forumites: a .cht file with the necessary codes to activate the Faraway Island event (to cath Mew in a semi-legit manner), or a Pokemon Emerald (U) save file with those events already enabled (saved just before choosen the starting pokemon).

I know I sound lame, but I'm exhausted. Thanks.

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Wait, what? You tried to use it on the emu and transfer and THAT didn't work? [​IMG]

That is pretty much THE surefire way to get it working... that's the method I use (since Flashcart cheats for GBA suck and usually don't work).

3. makute
    OP

Newcomer makute Newbie

Yes. As I said, I tried every procedure on The M3 Sakura FAQ (among others) without success. The exported/edited/converter .sav file never worked on the flashcart.

4. powered_by_tux

Member powered_by_tux GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Pokemon games on GBA use dynamic memory allocation. Unless somebody finds out how to get the anti-DMA code working on M3, no codes will work for these games.

The save transferring method should work, however. Before you put back the save on the cart, make sure the memory of the expansion pack is flushed. To do that, simply load a different GBA game. Then, load the Pokemon save with the applied cheats back on your cart.

5. makute
    OP

Newcomer makute Newbie

Thanks powered_by_tux, that step was never correctly explained.

Though, I tried again in both M3 DS Real and M3 Sakura firmwares, and always get a "save file erased due to corruption" message.

6. makute
    OP

Newcomer makute Newbie

At last!! After two weeks of trial and error, I made it work!

What I just did is to load another gba rom in memory (pushing Y), and then select the pokemon emerald rom and run it (pushing A).

Thanks a lot for your help guys [​IMG]