ROM Hack [Request] shin megami tensei 4 Save editor?

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... That's strange that it won't appear. Could it be because you didn't complete the prereq to have him appear? I googled it and it seems that he appears in a NG+ challenge quest. I wonder if you completed that quest beforehand if it would show up in the book. Could you try it with a demon that doesn't have any prereqs?
It might simply be that recruiting/fusing a demon is the "trigger" to get it to show up in the Book of Shadows, and simply hex-editing the demon into your party doesn't set some other bit associated with the Book that registers the demon as previously caught. I know that you have to actually catch or hatch a Pokemon in the Pokemon games to have it register in the Pokedex (unless that's changed since the days of Gen 4/5), and that the best method to use Pokegen or other save editors was to hack eggs that will hatch into the Pokemon you want into your party if you hadn't already caught the Pokemon.

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made a simple save editor for Shin Megami Tensei IV, you can try it out at https://github.com/waynelimt/SMT_IV_Save_Editor
Is there any way to edit those +'s and -'s on the demons/Nanashi? It seems like changing a skill will only replace the skill, not the number. For example I gave my Alice Smile Charge and replaced Mudoon. Smile charge has a +5 as opposed to having none.

It's just a small thing though. The editor works great! It'd be nice to give them the correct values though, but a +5 Smile Charge is pretty sweet tbh

EDIT: Oh and something else I had a question about, how come we can't maually edit Nanashi's skills like the demons? I wanted to put Ice Age on him (0062) but that skill isn't listed when changing skills.

Last edited by Rion45,

waynelimt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Is there any way to edit those +'s and -'s on the demons/Nanashi? It seems like changing a skill will only replace the skill, not the number. For example I gave my Alice Smile Charge and replaced Mudoon. Smile charge has a +5 as opposed to having none.

It's just a small thing though. The editor works great! It'd be nice to give them the correct values though, but a +5 Smile Charge is pretty sweet tbh

would you provide a save, and then a description of what values the skills have for the demons? This will make it easier for me to figure out where they are stored within the save file...

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would you provide a save, and then a description of what values the skills have for the demons? This will make it easier for me to figure out where they are stored within the save file...
Sure! How do I do that though? I'm kinda noobish when it comes to this stuff. I do have a .sav file of my game but i'm assuming that's different. Are the values you mean the numbers (the 0001-00a7 etc)?

waynelimt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sure! How do I do that though? I'm kinda noobish when it comes to this stuff. I do have a .sav file of my game but i'm assuming that's different. Are the values you mean the numbers (the 0001-00a7 etc)?

no i mean like eg. what demons you have, what attribute does each of the demon have for the skills, etc. And also not forgetting to provide the save file itself.

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i mean like eg. what demons you have, what attribute does each of the demon have for the skills, etc. And also not forgetting to provide the save file itself.
Here you go! Hopefully i did it right.

https://filetrip.net/dl?wlmB1ITrxb

Alilat
+4 Almighty
+3 Heal
+3 Support​

Hachiman
+3 Physical
+3 Electric
+1 Support
-3 Force
-3 Heal​

Angel
+5 Light
+4 Support
+3 Heal
-3 Electric
-6 Dark
Amaterasu
+5 Fire
+2 Light
+2 Heal
+1 Support
-2 Ice
-3 Electric
Lakshmi
+3 Force
+3 Aliment
+3 Heal
-3 Electric
Alice
+5 Dark
+3 Aliment
+2 Gun
-5 Heal
-9 Physical
Yggdrasil
+3 Gun
+2 Support
+1 Aliment
-4 Fire​

I may have gone overboard with the skills though...

Alilat
+3 Diarahan [Heal]
+4 Megidolaon [Almighty]
+3 Luster Candy [Support]
+3 Samarecarm [Heal]
+3 Dekaja [Support]
+3 Makarakarn [Support]
+3 Concentrate [Support]
Hachiman
+3 Berserker God [Physical]
Life Surge [Passive]
+3 Ziodyne [Electric]
+1 Luster Candy [Support]
+1 Tetrakarn [Support]
+1 Dekaja [Support]
Draconic Reaction [Passive]
Angel (White Wings)
+5 Judgment Light [Light]
+4 Luster Candy [Support]
+3 Mediarama [Heal]
+0 Maragidyne [Fire]
+3 Hamaon [Light]
Heal Pleroma [Passive]
+0 Megidola [Almighty]
Amaterasu
+5 Trisagion [Fire]
+2 Mediarahan [Heal]
+1 Rakunda [Support]
+1 Makakaja [Support]
Null Light [Passive]
+1 Will of Flame [Support]
Mana Surge [Passive]
Lakshmi
+3 Mediarahan [Heal]
+3 Floral Gust [Force]
+3 Mediarama [Heal]
+3 Diarahan [Heal]
+3 Me Patra [Heal]
+0 Maragidyne [Fire]
Heal Pleroma [Passive]
Alice
+5 Die For Me! [Dark]
+0 Debilitate [Support]
+3 Luster Candy [Support] (before edit//Lullaby)
+0 Concentrate [Support]
+5 Smile Charge [Support] (before edit//Mudoon)
High Dark Pleroma [Passive]
Null Light [Passive]
Null Physical [Passive]
Yggdrasil
+3 Grand Charge
+2 Dekaja [Support]
+2 Dekunda [Support]
+2 Concentrate [Support]
+0 Samarecarm [Heal]
+0 Judgment Light [Light]
+0 Judgment [Almighty]
+0 Ziodyne [Electric]​
Tell me if I missed anything or if you need something else!

Last edited by Rion45,

waynelimt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Last edited by waynelimt,

Jauss123

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes im using the US ver...thing is the editor is able to read my save files and even my edit to the save file..however,after importing the saves, the changes are not reflected

Last edited by Jauss123,

waynelimt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes im using the US ver...thing is the editor is able to read my save files and even my edit to the save file..however,after importing the saves, the changes are not reflected

my guess is you overedited (9999 stats), and then u leveled up, it will go back to normal. Stats has a max of 999, and hp and mp reverts whenever you level up. If you want to keep it at 999, make your level at 99.

Jauss123

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
my guess is you overedited (9999 stats), and then u leveled up, it will go back to normal. Stats has a max of 999, and hp and mp reverts whenever you level up. If you want to keep it at 999, make your level at 99.

I did not change my level stats etc...only increased my macca by a measly 5000 and app points by 50. And also changed my eq(not dlc). Perhaps the game sensed that im nt that far in the game to get said eq?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone