[Request/Question] Lone Survivor 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Slasher115, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Slasher115
    OP

Slasher115 Shizuo Heiwajima

Jan 24, 2014
    Ikebukuro
    Would it be possible to port the 2d horror game for 3ds? With authors permission ofcourse.
    Details on game below.
    http://www.lonesurvivor.co.uk

2. ric.

ric. Drivin' to meme country

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    >Closed source
    Don't even think about a port.
    You might be able to replicate the engine from scratch, but that's like telling you to create a replica of the Mona Lisa by hand instead of just downloading a picture off Google Images.

Slasher115 likes this.
  3. Rockhoundhigh

Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    Southern California
    These "requests" have got to stop.
    The people who keep making them have repeatedly shown that they have little no idea what the implications of what they're asking for are whether it's a port, or a piece of software that's too hard on the 3DS's hardware, or literally something impossible with current resources.

I don't want this to be a personal stab but seeing multiple posts like this every single day is a noticeable issue :teach:

Last edited by Rockhoundhigh, Oct 15, 2015
    730 likes this.
  4. Tjessx

Tjessx GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 3, 2014
    Belgium
  5. cere_ender

cere_ender Member

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2015
    I think same. People thinks programming is more or less 5 hours to code, but it's lot difficult, more if you don't have source code and must do an engine from scratch...

6. Slasher115
    OP

Slasher115 Shizuo Heiwajima

Jan 24, 2014
    Ikebukuro
    I mean i figured it would be alot of work im not an idiot i just wanted to know if it was possible or not

7. cere_ender

cere_ender Member

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2015
    short answer: yes.
    long answer: yes, but i'll took same or more development time than the original