Request: Pictoblog Update

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by tsunamikitsune, Oct 8, 2008.

Oct 8, 2008
  1. tsunamikitsune
    OP

Newcomer tsunamikitsune Newbie

United States
    I just recently found this neat little app for the DS called Pictoblog, which allows you to make Pictochat-style drawings on your DS and post them to an internet blog.

It's very basic in it's current form (you can only draw and clear the screen.......no eraser, brush sizes, etc) and it doesn't seem as though the creator is going to update it any further, but he's released the source code so anyone can improve upon it.

As much as I like this app, I have little programming experience and can't really do much to make it better. I've been searching around, trying to find any further updates that may have been made by others, but it seems Pictoblog 0.2 (the last official version) is the latest and greatest.

So, I wanted to know: Would anybody be interested in improving this program? I could see this being really fun and useful with the right features added. If it had all the features of Pictochat (with a keyboard and the drawing options) this could be great for text-based blogs and picture blogs alike. It could even go further with color drawing and voice recording. I'm so excited by the potential behind this that I almost want to learn how to program it myself. (hm......I wonder how difficult that would be to learn?)

Hopefully someone is as interested in this as I am and can help improve it. Even if somebody could implement an eraser option, I'd be overjoyed. [​IMG]

Quick download links:
    Pictoblog 0.2
    Pictoblog Source Code

2. double_vision

Member double_vision GBAtemp Regular

United States
    dont forget wifi

3. tsunamikitsune
    OP

Newcomer tsunamikitsune Newbie

United States
    What about Wifi? [​IMG]