Misc [Request] Nintendo 3DS Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyPink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Been looking for google trying to find the Ports 3DS uses, but most sites say use 1-665665.
But, ive found before it was just some ports and not all that was needed.
Anyone what ports Nintendo 3DS uses?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Internet browser (as HTTP) shouldn't require any open ports.
Opening ports is used to allow incoming request (when you host a http/ftp/game server for example).

But accessing the net, the port 80 should be granted automatically.
80 for normal connections, and 443 for secure connections.

For online games though, you have to open some ports.
I've checked Nintendo's website and that's right, they are telling the users to open ALL ports, from 1 to 65535, AND redirect them all to the 3DS :blink:
the computer won't work correctly anymore if you do that :O

You could start by opening only the ports used by other online games:
(these ports are used by wii and DS games, but it could be always the same for all their 3DS games too).

TCP: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
TCP: 80, 443 (Shouldn't be useful to open them, but they are recommending it. Don't open them if not needed).

You can redirect them to the IP of your 3DS. (set the 3DS as fixed IP).

They are also recommending to open/redirect ALL UDP ports to 3DS (don't do that either. opening/redirecting only the used ports is better).

KirbyPink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Internet browser (as HTTP) shouldn't require any open ports.
Opening ports is used to allow incoming request (when you host a http/ftp/game server for example).

But accessing the net, the port 80 should be granted automatically.
80 for normal connections, and 443 for secure connections.

For online games though, you have to open some ports.
I've checked Nintendo's website and that's right, they are telling the users to open ALL ports, from 1 to 65535, AND redirect them all to the 3DS :blink:
the computer won't work correctly anymore if you do that :O

You could start by opening only the ports used by other online games:
(these ports are used by wii and DS games, but it could be always the same for all their 3DS games too).

TCP: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
TCP: 80, 443 (Shouldn't be useful to open them, but they are recommending it. Don't open them if not needed).

You can redirect them to the IP of your 3DS. (set the 3DS as fixed IP).

They are also recommending to open/redirect ALL UDP ports to 3DS (don't do that either. opening/redirecting only the used ports is better).
Yeah, this is something i wanted thanks for that, Ill give it a try and see if it works.

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
Believe me, not everything on Nintendo's site is true.
For example, System Transfer, Nintendo tells people it only Transferes specific stuff, while my experience told me, it Transferes everything.

skull87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you want to know because you can't play online (as it was my case, being in the lobby forever, once the game started being disconnected immidiately, etc.) you can try this:

First - Manually assign an IP address to your Nintendo 3DS.

Do this by entering your router settings and registering the 3Ds' MAC address with an static IP (for example, my router's IP adress looks something like this: XXX.YYY.Z.254, and the static IP I assigned to my 3DS looked like this: XXX.YYY.Z.110, make sure that address is not being used by another device)

From the Nintendo 3DS settings, select "Internet Settings," then "Connection Settings" and choose the connection file you currently use.
Choose "Change Settings."
Click the right arrow and select "IP Address," then choose "No" under "Auto-Obtain IP Address."
Select "Detailed Setup," tap into IP Address field, and type in the IP address you assigned in your router's settings (in my case it was XXX.YYY.Z.110)

Next, for the Subnet Mask, enter 255.255.255.000 and select "OK."

Select the "Gateway" button and enter your router's ip address

You'll be asked if you want to perform a DNS setup. Select "Set Up."
Select "Detailed Setup," then "Primary DNS" and enter: 008.008.008.008
Select "Secondary DNS" and enter: 008.008.004.004
Please note: These are public DNS's provided by Google and are subject to Google's Terms of Service. If you prefer to not use this service, doing an Internet search for "public DNS" will provide you with several other options you can use.

Save your settings, then select "Test" to begin a connection test.

Next - Enter that IP address into your router's DMZ.

Access your router's settings.
Once inside the router's settings, find and enable the "DMZ" setting. Each router is different, but typically is located in a section called "firewall," "security," or "applications and gaming."
Enter the IP address you assigned to the Nintendo 3DS in the DMZ.
Save these changes in your router.

And that's it, following these steps I was finally able to play online with my 3DS. It should be noted that I never had any problems using the internet browser, accesing the Nintendo e-shop nor updating my system, I only had problems with online play.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Setting the DMZ option is the same as redirecting ALL ports to the 3DS.
It's not the best solution as some application on your computer will end not working anymore if you forget to remove the DMZ after playing 3DS.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
And you shouldn't need to forward anything to the 3DS because the 3DS doesn't host online, it connects to servers, so it establishes the connections from within.

If you can't connect, it's not an issue of port forwarding or any normal server stuff like that. It's something additional your router is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up