Homebrew [Request] New project ideas

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
First, I don't think there is an N64 emulator for DOS. Second, a DOS emulator without dynarec is already very slow, running an emulator inside another is a no-no
Ok. Perhaps Corn and those emulators were a couple of years later.

But I think the coolest you can do, are ports like Quake :)

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How about a tunnel like XLink Kai but for 3ds games where you could use the local multiplayer online or even the download play feature online through your PC?

darksweet

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE
Trophies
XP
Country
can you make "ar codes application" for the ninjhax which we can turn on/off the selected codes, that will awesome a lot of people will be happy about this... plas bro

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quake 3 would be great too especially if it featured multiplayer and 3D. Lol, I remember playing quake 3 in 3d with shutter glasses on the pc.

But, if you wanted to go in a different direction the scene is longing for a 3d video player, one that has samba stream and/or sshfs support because as you know typically 3D movies can be much larger than fat32 allows. Could kodi be ported or VLC?

Last edited by democracy,

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quake 3 would be great too especially if it featured multiplayer and 3D. Lol, I remember playing quake 3 in 3d with shutter glasses on the pc.
But, if you wanted to go in a different direction the scene is longing for a 3d video player, one that has samba stream and/or sshfs support because as you know typically 3D movies can be much larger than fat32 allows. Could kodi be ported or VLC?
Kodi and VLC are too much, we would have to find something lightweight or create it from scratch. And we also have to take the hardware limitations into account.

Reactions: democracy

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time to quickly steal from myself and make some suggestions here. I actually have a bit of homebrew that I think would be worth porting that I posted in the general request thread, but I figured I'd post here.

The first bit is a fangame called Super Mario War. While development on it has stopped and the last publically released version was 1.8 Beta 2, it's a lot of fun to play! It's basically deathmatch Super Mario where the goal is to defeat your opponents by stomping on them. In addition to that, it has a lot of other nice game modes. The game has been ported to a lot of devices that are homebrew-capable, including the Nintendo Wii and Sony PSP. The source code and download links to releases for Windows/Mac/Linux/Wii/Everything else is available here:

http://smwstuff.net/game

Super Methane Bros. would also be kind of cool. Despite it's name, it's not a Super Mario Brothers clone but rather a clone of Bubble Bobble. The idea is to gas your enemies, suck them up, and then spit them out against a hard surface. Your goal is to get rid of every enemy in a room in order to progress. It was originally a commercial Amiga game, but it was later open sourced and it can be found here:

http://methane.sourceforge.net/

Another suggestion that just popped to mind is Wolfenstein 3D. The predecessor to Doom, it's still fairly fun to play and is a bit more "stealthy" than Doom I suppose you could say. It hasn't aged as well, but there's still some fun to be had with this title and I believe a shareware version, similar to most FPS games at the time, was released. The source code for the original game is present on Github:

https://github.com/id-Software/wolf3d

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them