Request mp3 to pcm converter

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by BurningDesire, Sep 8, 2015.

1. BurningDesire
    OP

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    Hi everyone. In order to ad background music to a 3dsx application it needs to be a pcm. However, i can not find a mp3 to pcm converter anywhere on the internet. If someone could make this it would be wonderful.

2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Audacity, Winamp, foobar2000, anything.
    PCM is just uncompressed WAV, 9 out of 10 applications would let you write a WAV file.

3. elhobbs

elhobbs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    If you are looking to play MP3 files on the 3ds you can look at https://github.com/elhobbs/spectre3ds
    It uses helix

4. Rinnegatamante

Rinnegatamante GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 24, 2014
    Italy
    Bologna
    You don't need to mandatory use PCM16 as audiocodec, you can use also PCM8 or ADPCM or write your decoder for another audiocodec (like lpp-3ds VORBIS decoder).
    Anyway PCM16 is the audiocodec normally used by AIFF and WAV files so you can use a normal MP3 to WAV converter and grab with an HEX editor only the buffer section, deleting the header section from the file.

5. BurningDesire
    OP

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    Thank you both. I found a converter after searching the internet. Hoping it will work. @elhobbs I will try that code and @Rinnegatamante okay i see.