ROM Hack Request Infinite Space undub

chickdigger802

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked this game up today at the store and predictably the dub is horrendous and really low quality (kinda like suikoden ds). Was wondering if anyone is attempting an undub yet?

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've seen one or two undubs already floating around the intarwebs. However, all of them are roms that have already been patched so I can't provide any links.

You could try unpacking the japanese rom and copy the audio files over to the US rom, if you're in the know-how.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's a well-seeded Torrent for the undub out there...

But since I can't find my adapter I can't try it out and.. I've been wondering, are there subtitles for the cutscenes? From what info I gathered.. there aren't any.

And I don't think the English voices are that bad.. from what I've heard in the trailers.

sedicius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
T_T in-game voice is terrible (no offense intended) and I do hope someone comes up with undub patch.

I'm not even sure which files are real or not on the torrents so I won't bother..
And half of them are labeled "beta" (what the heck?)

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Beta pretty much they're still in the testing phase and are not a finished product, so random errors and such should be expected.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
chickdigger802 said:
Picked this game up today at the store and predictably the dub is horrendous and really low quality (kinda like suikoden ds). Was wondering if anyone is attempting an undub yet?

QUOTE(sedicius @ Mar 18 2010, 09:38 PM) T_T in-game voice is terrible (no offense intended) and I do hope someone comes up with undub patch.

I'm not even sure which files are real or not on the torrents so I won't bother..
And half of them are labeled "beta" (what the heck?)

It is not! What the hell is wrong with you?

Infinite Space's English dub is perfect. You're just being a weeaboo. The only reason Japanese VAs sound better to you is because you can't speak Japanese. I can guarantee that if you were fluent in Japanese, most of the voice overs you worship would sound like crap.

Why do you people have to undub every damn game that comes out?

Suikoden I can understand because those VAs were actually bad and they talked WAY too fast. I had no problem with that but then you guys went ahead and undubbed Professor Layton.

PROFESSOR FUCKING LAYTON. That game had an amazing English dub but you weeaboos just had to have your Japanese.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm one of the few people on GBAtemp who can actually tell when a VA is bad and when it's good.

Edgewalker_001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What does weeaboo even stand for?

I know it's generally used as a derogatory term for japanese fanboys/girls but where did the term originate, and what does it mean? XD

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I know Japanese, and I can say I still like the Japanese voice tracks than the English voice tracks, heck, I probably like it more than when I DIDN'T know Japanese. If anything, the good dubs are a rare pleasant surprise, like Tales of Symphonia for example, but i will take the undub route if I can most of the time.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
squall23 said:
I know Japanese, and I can say I still like the Japanese voice tracks than the English voice tracks, heck, I probably like it more than when I DIDN'T know Japanese. If anything, the good dubs are a rare pleasant surprise, like Tales of Symphonia for example, but i will take the undub route if I can most of the time.

QUOTEWeeaboo

Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes. You can find alot of these faggots clogging up the forums of Gaia Online, hanging out in the international aisle of the supermarket, or crowding the manga section of your local bookstore. Synonym of wapanese.

Originates arbitrarily from a Perry Bible Fellowship comic strip wherein a man was paddled by a crowd chanting "Weeaboo! Weeaboo!"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...mp;term=weeaboo

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Suikoden Tierkreis had a fucking bad dub.

I don't know about this game as I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon. I know quite a bit of Japanese, so I can understand what they say.

Now if you dare call me a weeaboo...

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Suikoden Tierkreis had a fucking bad dub.

I don't know about this game as I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon. I know quite a bit of Japanese, so I can understand what they say.

Now if you dare call me a weeaboo...

That's what I just said.

Try reading before you just randomly jump into something.

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, yeah. Some of the japanese VA on NDS is quite horrendous. I, for one, like the English dub for infinite space as it's actually better than most every other English game with voice acting.

That said, I still have a copy of the game with the japanese dub. I find it helps me in my learning process. Also, when I do understand a snippet or sentence or what they're saying while rambling on in Japanese, I fill up with a false sense of pride. I like that feeling. It makes me all giddy inside.

Though, agreed, most of the people asking for undubs are complete weaboos.

kurisui

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the undub "Beta" you see out there. I labelled it beta because it was just switching over the audio files. The cutscenes still have english audio. Once I get farther into the game I will take a crack at extracting the video and putting subtitles on it. Ive been playing it for hours and it works fine.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
QUOTE said:
Weeaboo

Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes. You can find alot of these faggots clogging up the forums of Gaia Online, hanging out in the international aisle of the supermarket, or crowding the manga section of your local bookstore. Synonym of wapanese.

Originates arbitrarily from a Perry Bible Fellowship comic strip wherein a man was paddled by a crowd chanting "Weeaboo! Weeaboo!"

-Preferring japanese voice acting doesn't mean people are obssesed with japanese culture.

-Seriously, who here says something like "uguu~ am I kawaii?". Those are the guys from Gaia.

Now, if somehow you find a guy dressed as Naruto and saying dattebayo then, my dear chap, that's a weeaboo.

I'll undub this game anyway. It's not as if english is my first language. Besides, Romi Paku voices the MC.

darky000

Trophies
XP
Country
@Darky - That would be great if you make the patch.
smile.gif

English VA in Infinite Space is horrible. They speak like robots that doesn't know the definition of emotion. What's with the monotonic voice in a midst of a battle?

Just my 2 cents.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr