1. sailingspoon

sailingspoon Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    from reading the above comments, it seems like Cyrus is the one who isn't very familiar with the Japanese language. He's only started playing the game in the English version just twenty-four hours ago, after all... if he were any good at the language he would have played the game when it was released long ago in Japan. And no, one semester of Japanese class or a couple months living in the country does not give one the right to lord over people who don't speak the language... doing that makes him seem like the real weaboo lol

2. KAge56

KAge56 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    absolute bullshit. it's the way they talk to determines if they're good and how they portray the emotions through their voice and character. when using a visual, the voice must fit the personality and stature of the character or else it'd be like weird abridged series.
    you'd be fucking retarded to even think that language changes anything because they're saying the same dam thing in a different language.
    theoretically, the japanese version is also bad so you either have 2 choices:
    1. mute the game, and miss the glorious audio and skewered dub put into the game
    or
    2. undub and listen to the great audio whilst not understanding skewered undub.

I'm going for the 2nd, silence isn't my thing... unfortunately >.>

quit being fucking shallow. someone wants an undub and you call them a weeaboo as if you knew what one actually was.
    honestly, the english dub is horrid. the voices are too forced to bare. IMO.
    even before i discovered that anime and games were from japan(that's all in the past so put your eyes back in your sockets), i cringed at times during some of the games i played with english dubs.

3. GGC

GGC Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So, is there any tutorial on how to undub the game completely? Thanks!

4. Kerian

Kerian GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    My gosh. Here I am, an anime watcher and undubing freak defending a dub. Sorry but the dub is not that bad. Suikoden Tierkreis THAT was bad. However, this one's OK. Voices in battles are monotonous because, apart from the main character voices, the systems AI speaks the commands (read: the voice of that guy that announces the stuffz). The voices of the main character and Nia don't sounding that monotonous... But hey, what the hell are you expecting from them in a fight? To shout around like the characters in recent Gundam series? I AM THE GUN- UMM SPACESHIP! KKIIYYAAAA FIIIIRRRAAAAA MAH LAAZERZ!! Seriously [​IMG]

It could have been better, but seriously, it could have been worse.

I would undub the shit right away if I would have subs in cutscenes, but since this is impossible at the moment, I don't care for an undub atm. Seriously I don't want another Super Robot Taisen Experience where I could only grasps like 35% of the jokes because the game had NO subtitles and my Japanese is awfull and I am still a noob at it.

Does anyone knows how to encode the videos with mobi encode? or to be more specific, where to get the codec lol. afaik its for NDS devs only

5. squall23

squall23 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I think we should ask the guys who are translating Tales of Innocence. Apparently, they were able to successfully add subs and karaoke to the intro.

6. bleachigo159

bleachigo159 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    This thread is pointless!!!!! There is no Undub here but all of them are arguments......
    We only need one man here....Tonii!!!!! could you close this pointless thread..

7. miruki

miruki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Gambia, The
    There is an undubbed rom (but not linked here since linking to roms is a no-go) and various ppl have mentioned how to undub the game, there's also still the question if someone will be able to add subs to the movies. So, how is this thread pointless and since when are ppl not allowerd to discuss thing concerning the topic, even tho they might not be directly related to the opening post.

Just because there's a billion of pointless HG/SS thread it doesn't mean every other thread is pointless too, since this one isn't flooded by newbs and flamers....

8. sedicius

sedicius Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I really like the Japanese battle command voices. It feels much more familiar to me and sounds much better than the English voice in my opinion.
    Thank you so much for the undub.
    It worked perfectly fine on my AceKard 2i.

Also, I am in the wrong for saying that English voice is terrible. I apologize,
    I meant it sounds terrible to ME.
    Call people "weeaboo" or what ever it is all you want,
    but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Why would you come into a thread obviously titled "undub" and troll those who wishes to have one?

9. RyviusRan

RyviusRan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If someone is able to add subtitles into the cut scenes that would be awesome.

Or just added the undub with the Japanese cut scenes because I can already understand the spoken language well enough, it's the written language that I have trouble with.

10. silly_z45

silly_z45 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

most low post newbs have added there two cents for an undub and for it in general i thought id add mine.

having been brought up in a western culture, i imagine in space the crew having monotones and being logical calculating and efficient while the heros have all the emotion.
    the space battles in star wars for instance come to mind.

Infinite Space is fine in this regard (in my opinion)

if you want to undub a majority of games because you prefer japanese voices simply means you prefer their culture.
    -wish you were japanese? hopefully not, but maybe you should go live there for a while see if you still find it so interesting

11. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

i want an undub also, if only for the sole reason of maybe cranking the volume up a bit? i hate how they try to hide low audio quality by lowering volume as well...

12. RyviusRan

Newcomer

United States
    yah I want an undub but i guess we have to wait until they figure out how to add subtitles to the cut scenes.

13. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Well, if there aren't too many movie cutscenes or if it doesn't bother you, then you could just leave them in english and have the rest of the audio undubbed...

14. RyviusRan

Newcomer

United States
    Well yah I could, but it's weird to hear two different voice coming from the same character.

Since I don't think anyone is working on adding subtitles I guess I could do it myself although I don't like ruining the story for myself before I beat it.

15. squall23

squall23 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Does anybody know the filenames of the cutscenes? I think I've swapped the voice files right, now I just need to now which are cutscenes.

16. CamulaHikari

CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Netherlands
    There are no subtitles in the FMV's in game. That's what troubling everyone, cause if you want subs you need to add them yourself.

17. squall23

squall23 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    What are you talking about?! OK, let's not call them cutscenes. Let's call them FMVs. The intro is an FMV right? Does anybody know that filename of that? I don't care about subs right now, I just want to know the filenames.

18. Imemperor

Imemperor Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Infinite Space's dub is half-way decent in the first part of the game. But once you get to ACT 2 (~25 hours into the game) the second MC's VA is so monotonously bad that you'd wish to play the game muted.

19. crissio

crissio Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i'm still waiting for the full undub version with substitle ....

20. Shiaoran

Shiaoran Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    May I highjack this and just ask for the all English release, but with decent audio?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Infinite, Request, Space