Hacking REQUEST FROM GW: We need you help with Zelda v1.1 Cartridge Dumps

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
why step 3? i already had zelda, so as soon as it was announce and released i could use it, that seems to suggest they should of teased everyone for a month, plenty of people already owned zelda, im fine with how it was released, granted i can understand people being upset with the "you will not need additional hardware etc, but.....hmmmmm well idk personally it was no biggy for me, had my gateway for over a year so i hadn't gone bought it specifically for the n3DS,already had my gateway compatible 3DS to inject the save and already owned zelda and the save worked fine for me......maybe im not the best person to ask as to me the release was great, worked fine and all set up in a few minutes

Some people don't have it, and others sold it to buy something else related to gateway, well, 1 person did, I read her post like yesterday.

Informing people is always smarter than not. Notice how step 4 has the "when ready" option, the week later part was just to re-itterate they should have announced it earlier if it was going to be a requirement.
That'd be like Nintendo releasing the new 3ds, and the day of launch announcing you need a charger to turn it on (currently they come charged to around 30%).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Some people don't have it, and others sold it to buy something else related to gateway, well, 1 person did, I read her post like yesterday.

Informing people is always smarter than not. Notice how step 4 has the "when ready" option, the week later part was just to re-itterate they should have announced it earlier if it was going to be a requirement.
That'd be like Nintendo releasing the new 3ds, and the day of launch announcing you need a charger to turn it on (currently they come charged to around 30%).
yeah but in the same respect its like going to the shop to buy a game and them saying "oh this game requires an Internet connection so we will not sell it for a week so everyone can go get one"....even though there is people who would be able to use it straight away anyway....it doesn't stop the other people ordering their internet connection and waiting a week themselves....either way that group of people have to wait

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
yeah but in the same respect its like going to the shop to buy a game and them saying "oh this game requires an Internet connection so we will not sell it for a week so everyone can go get one"....even though there is people who would be able to use it straight away anyway....it doesn't stop the other people ordering their internet connection and waiting a week themselves....either way that group of people have to wait

Nah, let me use an example, actually build on your example.

Capcom announced MH4U, and said there'd be online play, then the game released on schedule, as it was not finished yet.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
how can I know save encryption type ?

this pic for rev0 or 1.0 game

in 20 mins I'll check 1.1 too

View attachment 16949

and this is 1.1 game

2.PNG

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ok so what version exactly doesn't work as rev0 works fine for me, and rev1 works for other people, I'm thinking it might be down to different factors than the cart revision, something like SD cards used in the console or idk....dirty cart contacts maybe

N00b Smasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um. Yes. That is exactly what they should do. They charge money for their product and they should use that for their own R&D. I'll send them a dump of whatever they want if they send me a GW card gratis. Until then they can just piss off.
I fail to see what's so wrong with GW asking for dumps. They want to fix the issue but don't have OOT carts that present it, so the fastest solution is requesting dumps. As someone said, it's no worse than asking for bug reports. It's not like it costs users any money, even though one would think it does from reading the "I'll send them a dump of whatever they want if they send me a GW card gratis" part in your post.

And did it ever cross your mind that GW buying lots of OOT carts would lower the number of available copies on sale and potentially make the prices go up even higher, which is the last thing thing GW users would want right now?

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I fail to see what's so wrong with GW asking for dumps. They want to fix the issue but don't have OOT carts that present it, so the fastest solution is requesting dumps. As someone said, it's no worse than asking for bug reports. It's not like it costs users any money, even though one would think it does from reading the "I'll send them a dump of whatever they want if they send me a GW card gratis" part in your post.

Yeh, people complaining about that makes no sense, Gateway will always be better than Sky, tehy actually try to solve issues if they arise and they have a working beta

People need to respect Gateway :D, lol I sound like a troll but not many are grateful atm for what gateway has done

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So in case both versions are using 1.0 encryption, there might be two problems.
1st, the save format have changed between versions, which is very unlikely.
2nd, the version do not matter, but the actual ROM chip manufacturer id does. 1.0 encryption depends on the actual ROM ID, which may have different manufacturer byte ID i.e. at least three different versions for known 3DS card ROM manufacturers may exist for every region.
Anyway there is a straight way to make any working save work exactly for your card as soon as both source and destinataion cards are vulnerable to repeat-ctr-fail encryption i.e 1.x:

- make sure you have a valid save in your copy of OOT
- launch R4iSave Dongle Backup/Restore
- insert R4iSaveDongle and OOT card into it
- hit Card->PC and save to OOT.sav
- hit 3DS Encrypt/Decrypt
- hit Select Source Save
- select OOT.sav
- hit Save key
- hit Select Source Save
- select AQEx.sav (provided by Gateway for your region)
- hit Save key
- hit Decrypt and Save
- hit Select Decrypt Save
- select AQEx.dec
- hit Select Key
- select OOT.key
- hit Encrypt and Save
- hit Return to Main Menu
- hit PC->Card and select OOT_DE.sav
Now you have an exploited save for your card!

memomo I asked to check with rom_tool, 3DS Explorer do not show the actual encryption, you must combine several bits to get the encryption type is used, rom_tool is straight-forward for that purpose. However, if what you shown is really a Pussycat's release, looks like it is really build with the same SDK, so newer encryption just can't be used technically.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
So in case both versions are using 1.0 encryption, there might be two problems.
1st, the save format have changed between versions, which is very unlikely.
2nd, the version do not matter, but the actual ROM chip manufacturer id does. 1.0 encryption depends on the actual ROM ID, which may have different manufacturer byte ID i.e. at least three different versions for known 3DS card ROM manufacturers may exist for every region.
Anyway there is a straight way to make any working save work exactly for your card as soon as both source and destinataion cards are vulnerable to repeat-ctr-fail encryption i.e 1.x:

- make sure you have a valid save in your copy of OOT
- launch R4iSave Dongle Backup/Restore
- insert R4iSaveDongle and OOT card into it
- hit Card->PC and save to OOT.sav
- hit 3DS Encrypt/Decrypt
- hit Select Source Save
- select OOT.sav
- hit Save key
- hit Select Source Save
- select AQEx.sav (provided by Gateway for your region)
- hit Save key
- hit Decrypt and Save
- hit Select Decrypt Save
- select AQEx.dec
- hit Select Key
- select OOT.key
- hit Encrypt and Save
- hit Return to Main Menu
- hit PC->Card and select OOT_DE.sav
Now you have an exploited save for your card!

memomo I asked to check with rom_tool, 3DS Explorer do not show the actual encryption, you must combine several bits to get the encryption type is used, rom_tool is straight-forward for that purpose. However, if what you shown is really a Pussycat's release, looks like it is really build with the same SDK, so newer encryption just can't be used technically.

Thanks for the guide, I just need to try this soon when my Gateway arrives :D

Gateway, Hurry with my card plz :P

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway asking for rom dumps is just a bad idea. Gives Nintendo a potential opening where they're absolutely violating copyrights now. Hell, this topic is probably even against GBATemp rules, since it's asking for roms. I'm surprised this is being allowed by the staff.

I understand why they're doing this, but geez, just not a good idea to go about it this way.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Gateway asking for rom dumps is just a bad idea. Gives Nintendo a potential opening where they're absolutely violating copyrights now. Hell, this topic is probably even against GBATemp rules, since it's asking for roms. I'm surprised this is being allowed by the staff.

I understand why they're doing this, but geez, just not a good idea to go about it this way.

if it's against the forum rules then i'm sure Veho will remove it. you can report it if you want.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

It's not necessary to upload the whole thing and violate copyrights.

Reactions: MrJason005

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hell no
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks like a brown recluse
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Fun times lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Property management just be like stop being a little bitch and get bit
    Step one: Put it in the microwave. Step two: get it to bite you. Step three: gain spiderman powers!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Swing from the penis
    +1
  • light27 @ light27:
    what
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mike Jones
  • light27 @ light27:
    someone take away that spider
  • light27 @ light27:
    call sps
    Hey mine helps me in the shower lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We went to a place in a mall where they let you play with some consoles for like an hour
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I choose the nintendo switch and I played smash ultimate and Mario wonder
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    It was fun
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also i'm back at my house
    Smash bros sounds like gay incest lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And Mario Wonder sounds like a Mario with old timers disease walking the streets lost.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shove a gerbil through a tube
    +2
    Warp pipe Ken lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ring actually helped and I didn't have to cuss out the guy in arabic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They help you delete some incriminating videos?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No you asked for proof that your wife was finally leaving
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh I had her chipped, I always know where she is.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I found where it was
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I found where it was +1