Hacking REQUEST FROM GW: We need you help with Zelda v1.1 Cartridge Dumps

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Do you expect them to spend $90 USD per cartridge for every region and cross their fingers and hope it doesn't work so they can use it to make a fixed save file?

Two things, 1. They knew which game it was before the price went through the roof and 2. Yes, I'd expect a company who is working on a product which is actually being sold, to be compatible with everything they claim it is. Being a shady grey area item doesn't give them a pass in my book.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Are you sure ?
this's sounds **%#^€> :(
Well, I did not check 1.1 ROM for save encryption type, but it is definitely build for 4.x firmware which means in most cases that it has 2x encryption which is non-reversible and, what is more important, use the card-unique key. You can check for sure the save encryption of 1.1 ROM with rom_tool

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I did not check 1.1 ROM for save encryption type, but it is definitely build for 4.x firmware which means in most cases that it has 2x encryption which is non-reversible and, what is more important, use the card-unique key. You can check for sure the save encryption of 1.1 ROM with rom_tool

Or the devs decided to be lazy and just fixed what they wanted to fix with their old SDK without having to update. Which is a possibility.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country

how can I know save encryption type ?

this pic for rev0 or 1.0 game

in 20 mins I'll check 1.1 too

1.PNG

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Two things, 1. They knew which game it was before the price went through the roof and 2. Yes, I'd expect a company who is working on a product which is actually being sold, to be compatible with everything they claim it is. Being a shady grey area item doesn't give them a pass in my book.

It's still more convenient and less expensive to use customers as Beta testers, though.
Even the legit business is doing this.

I'm looking at you, Ubisoft! :ph34r:

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still more convenient and less expensive to use customers as Beta testers, though.

Yep, and look how much heat they're catching for pulling that stunt. I get that stuff is released with bugs, and i'm sorta okay with that, as I realize it's difficult to test every single possible scenario, but when you have huge gaping holes like gateway and ubisoft...that's a whole different ballgame.

Reactions: Axido

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Man, Gateway tbh are getting a lot of flack,

To be honest this is a pretty neat beta, it sucks that it's not working for everyone but Gateway WILL get on top of it, bitching ends now; gotta be grateful they are like 80% o the way there and we didn't even wait too long for the N3ds exploit
*coughunlessyouwaitedsincedecembermycondolenses*

I'm with gary, send your non working dumps asap and let them test this shit out! for those with working ones they don't really need the Sky but that method is also a great addition, its in 1 of the other topics somewhere but obviously
Gateway need to find their own way with their own cartridge, who knows how long sky will be relevant for, I find it funny how Gateway made skys card relevant though, the sky method may not be permanent method so once Gateway fix the beta
and get an even better method; which shouldn't take too long I will enjoy what they've given so far

Dont hate too much on Gateway, they're doing their job and providing at the very least

If you're gonna hate, Masturbate :yaysp: [/Spolier]

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just get a sky and every door is open: gateway with zelda, cubic ninja, karl3ds, oska... :D i´ll probably get one for all this even if i own a working oot copy.. but first i´ll wait another month or so and see what supercard will deliever

Reactions: GaaraPrime

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As I understand it though, the issues don't only affect v1.1 versions of the game. My Japanese copy of OOT that I bought on launch doesn't work either, and that's obviously not going to be v1.1.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Have gateway hired enough PR people to come in this thread to defend them yet?

I'm still seeing the normal people saying it's ridiculous for them to ask us to help them do what we paid for their DRM cartridge to do.

Reactions: GregoryRasputin

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Have gateway hired enough PR people to come in this thread to defend them yet?

I'm still seeing the normal people saying it's ridiculous for them to ask us to help them do what we paid for their DRM cartridge to do.
nope they have just ordered a fresh batch.....should be arriving soon™

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really don't all the hate against GW since the update...if you think it's so easy to find a new entry point that doesn't need a game just do it yourself.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not hating, they chose a really good game to be the entry point....i i had to choose a game it would be zelda :P

for the prices zelda is selling for now i could just sell my OOT and buy a sky
since it is US region and my N3dsXL is AU

plus i got a copy of CN US for $10 when ninjhax was announced

but i already ordred a EU CN before i know OOT rom worked with sky

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I really don't all the hate against GW since the update...if you think it's so easy to find a new entry point that doesn't need a game just do it yourself.

How to not be complete ****'s and still be GateWay:

1. Announce last week, that we would need a game to run the exploit.
2. Announce it isn't Cubic Ninja, but that it will be supported later.
3. Announce that it's Ocarina of Time 3D.
4. A Week later/When Ready, give us the files.

BONUS STEP!!!:
Don't email back people last December saying we definitely don't need a game to run the exploit.
(I'm sure someone has the screenshot)

BONUS STEP 2!!!! (ULTRA OMEGA)!!:
Test your exploit works on all revisions of the expensive game you're going to exploit (before release).

BONUS EXTRA STEP 3!!!!! (BETA)!!!:
I dunno, it's just a beta step, i-it's not like it's final or anything. http://i.imgur.com/3BrdtxW.jpg

Reactions: thorasgar

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not just the little guys. Microsoft does it and even Apple is doing it now. Ios 8.0 was a disaster and Safari still is.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
why the 4 steps, that would just be teasing, if its ready just release it, no point holding it back so people who dont already have the game can order it when say i already had zelda, so as soon as it was announce and released i could use it, that seems to suggest they should of teased everyone for a month, plenty of people already owned zelda, im fine with how it was released, granted i can understand people being upset with the "you will not need additional hardware etc, but.....hmmmmm well idk personally it was no biggy for me, had my gateway for over a year so i hadn't gone bought it specifically for the n3DS,already had my gateway compatible 3DS to inject the save and already owned zelda and the save worked fine for me......maybe im not the best person to ask as to me the release was great, worked fine and all set up in a few minutes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work