Homebrew [REQUEST] Beginners Guide to Homebrew Development

V3NUS_M1NER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to start creating homebrew applications, but don't know where to start. I know 3DS homebrew applications are developed in C/C==, a language that's foreign to me, a novice Java developer (not trying to show off).

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone could create a beginners step-by-step guide to homebrew development

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C/C++ aren't terribly difficult to learn, especially with a bit of help from YouTube first. You can find tons of video tutorials based around tutorials from learncpp. Once you understand the jist, you can start doing the text tutorials at your own pace. Although, homebrew development on the 3DS is rather difficult, for a beginner, anyway. Messing around with little programs in your terminal is much different than writing and compiling a program for a foreign device.

V3NUS_M1NER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C/C++ aren't terribly difficult to learn, especially with a bit of help from YouTube first. You can find tons of video tutorials based around tutorials from learncpp. Once you understand the jist, you can start doing the text tutorials at your own pace. Although, homebrew development on the 3DS is rather difficult, for a beginner, anyway. Messing around with little programs in your terminal is much different than writing and compiling a program for a foreign device.
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Slushie3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Bakerman vs. Mario