Hacking [request] A way to install disc games on HDD.

Jhillier22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
call me stupid but is there a way to have a easy method of transferring a game on a disc to an external HDD and appear on the homemenu.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess you would need some middleware or a heavy mod of DDD to dump WUD to internal SD (not possible without new permissions afaik), then WUP installer to install from SD to USB, and then deal with TIK.

More likely to get a DDD mod to dump game to WUD via ftp in parts, put back together on server, and ftp back to WUP installer.

Meh it's not possible... Yet.

0nther0ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
With tcpgecko you can extract files from Disc. If i remember correctly all files but not the meta folder. So if you add thoose files and the .tik (for transfert to usb or internal drive), normally you can add to usb same for use with loadiine.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited by 0nther0ck,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With tcpgecko you can extract files from Disc. If i remember correctly all files but not the meta folder. So if you add thoose files and the .tik, normally you can add to usb same for use with loadiine.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

OP says to USB (external HDD) so I assume he wants the new Brazilian method USB loading from home menu, which requires WUD... loadiine is SD only.

Last edited by KiiWii,

0nther0ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OP says to USB (external HDD) so I assume he wants the new Brazilian method USB loading from home menu, which requires WUD... loadiine is SD only.

I wouldn't say loadiine for usb, i would say you can extract files from Disc with tcp gecko so you obtain the game's files, thoose files you can use with loadiine or transfert to USB or internal drive (.tik needed for that) with the brazilian method

Last edited by 0nther0ck,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't say loadiine for usb, i would say you can extract files from Disc with tcp gecko so you obtain the game's files, thoose files you can use with loadiine or transfert to USB or internal drive (.tik needed for that) with the brazilian method

The OP wants to copy game disc for use on home menu USB loading. You cannot use extracted game files for that.

Agreed they could dump just the files and archive them to a USB stick or HDD... But that's clearly not what he/she wants in this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol