Homebrew Suggestion (Request) A Complete and Updated Noexes Installation Tutorial

Biggles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been struggling with getting Noexs to work on my switch. I've been piecing it together from several other tutorials, many of which are out of date.
I'm on 10.0.4, with atm 0.12.0. I also prefer to use my emuNAND through Hekate. I've disabled my EdiZon cheats.

My hekate_ipl.ini is set up as suggested as in the tutorial on his github page. I've tried using their latest release and the updated .kip file. When I restart my switch and choose NoExs, I get the error.
"No mandatory secmon or warmboot provided, failed to launch HOS"

Does anyone have an idea on what I should do next?

If someone could point me in the right direction for how to get it installed, I could put together a comprehensive tutorial. Or if someone else had a bit of spare time and wanted to do a tutorial themself, that would be awesome too.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here's some useful links in case anyone is searching around as I have:
Noexes github page (releases)

Noexs remote debugger release page by @matt123337

Guide on how to use noexes by @wiitendo84

RAM dump parser by @RyDog

Java 10 JRE. No other version works. You need an Oracle account to download these, which is free.

matt123337

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You most likely have an outdated Hekate or atmosphere install, as that error happens before Horizon even starts, let alone Noexes Try reinstalling both over what you have right now and see if that fixes it

Reactions: wiitendo84

Biggles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You most likely have an outdated Hekate or atmosphere install, as that error happens before Horizon even starts, let alone Noexes Try reinstalling both over what you have right now and see if that fixes it
I updated Hekate and atm (0.13.0) and it's still not working. To be clear, I'm supposed to launch Noexs, then I'd be able to run emummc right? Would I be able to just run them together without running the .kip separately?

wiitendo84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I messed up my sd card recently and couldnt get noexs to connect. So I was lucky to have found an old sd card setup and just copied that onto my card and overwrite everything on it. Then I downloaded the newest atmosphere and overwrite what I just put on it. Now noexs is working again. It may be just some settings that need to be tweaked.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Matt it's been a long time man. How you been?

Biggles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i get the same error as OP
I was able to get it to run if I set up my Hekate_ipl.ini like this:

[Noexs]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1=modules/noexs/noexs.kip1
kip1patch=nosigchk
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
atmosphere=1

I was able to connect to the java program, but it doesn't seem to want to do anything. I'll mess around with it some more today.

Biggles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get it to run if I set up my Hekate_ipl.ini like this:

I was able to connect to the java program, but it doesn't seem to want to do anything. I'll mess around with it some more today.
Actually, now that I've messed with it a bit more, it seems to be working fine this way.

For anyone who stumbled upon this thread needing help, I released a tutorial on how to install and run Noexes. Here's a link:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-debugger-on-switch-hekate-atmosphere.569079/

Last edited by Biggles,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1