Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
How easy is it to replace the SD reader in a 3DS XL ???
Can i use any SD reader i rip from another device (not 3DS) if not
I searched but did not find replacement SD readers for 3DS XL?

Reason: My 3DS does not recognise my SD, just for no reason, waiting a few days does not solve the problem, the sd carts do work perfect in any other 3ds/2ds system or pc and there not cheap no brand carts

Thx

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok, fixed it for the moment

My 3DS does read my SD again, this after i remember heating up my old X360 for fixing the RROD, i opened my 3DS and heated the area around the SD reader with a hairdryer for 5 minutes relative close by moving around.
It now works for a few hours without problems. Hope it stays that way :D

[Edit]
And we are back to square 1, 3DS can't read SD again :/, it worked fine for 5 hours before it started again :/

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I took mine to a game repair shop when a cheap knock off sd card broke a pin, they charged me $50 and totally replaced the piece on the board.

It sucks you don't have a regular and not an XL because the regular the sd reader was connected to the board via a ribbon cable

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah so that sounds like the SD still works if you are heating with a hairdryer. That causes the plastic to warp a little and put more pressure on the contact points, you might be able to fix it if you can look inside and see if one of the pins aren't at the same level as the rest.

With a very thin screw driver you could try pushing the little card reader "fingers" upwards more to make better contact wit the SD Card. If you are going to try this be very careful and take your time, as one mess up will probably break or bend in the pin in a bad way. I had to take my old one apart and cut part of the contact finger and solder on new piece of copper on to act as it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021