replacing music within a game.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by takun32, May 11, 2010.

May 11, 2010

replacing music within a game. by takun32 at 12:37 AM (1,089 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. takun32
    OP

Member takun32 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Is it possible? I've seen games getting undubs, and games like rhapsody hacked into having vocals.

Is it possible to replace an exciting soundtrack and inserting something else.

I plan on changing the soundtrack for Megaman Zero collection when it comes out. I'll be replacing the current soundtrack and inserting the remastered soundtrack since the DS can handle more powerful sounds. What I'm afraid of, however, is the way the sound is going to be programmed in since the game is Gba port. Because its a Gba port, the sound data might be programmed like how "mad tracker"(or NES) works, and that's by having a sound programmed to play at a certain time instead of having a complete sound like an Mp3 file for example.

So, real programers, tell me if it's possible or not to replace the current sound with remastered tracks(which is an mp3***I will probably have to convert it into something else***)

2. clashthunder

Newcomer clashthunder Advanced Member

United States
    yes it is possible, and I prefer .wav file

3. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    Do you use dslazy to perform this operation?

4. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    no way to know til the game comes out. Research the other megaman ds games first and see there sound file structures. if they all seem alike then chances are the megaman collection will have the same (its rare for publishers to drastically change from an already pre-existing work unless the game has a fundamentally different structure)
    but still you won't know til it comes out

5. NaokiKitsuhine

Member NaokiKitsuhine GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Someone can confirm if in the ZX series i can change de actual musics to wav?
    If yes, what I'll need to do this? Only DSLazy or something else?

6. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    use the search function there is already topics on this ripping music, changing coice clips, etc.