Replacement Housing Cases?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mkkid28, Sep 8, 2009.

Sep 8, 2009

Replacement Housing Cases? by mkkid28 at 1:25 PM (648 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. mkkid28
    OP

Newcomer mkkid28 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21867

I'm looking at that replacement housing case and I'm just wondering if it is easy to put on and if they are any good?

I'm after one because my case is quite scratch as I bought it pre-owned and I'd prefer a different colour then silver.

2. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    I heard that it is a lot of effort -- and you might break your DS! -- I also heard that the fake cases are not quite as good as the original case -- but this is just hearsay...

3. mkkid28
    OP

United Kingdom
    oright cheers for the reply

4. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    no worries!

5. nadoon

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    I think it's a good idea. Just try finding a nintendo liscensed one better.

6. mkkid28
    OP

United Kingdom
    Do Nintendo license them? I haven't seen any that are.

7. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    It's true that some cases are not very good quality. For instance I got lucky when I replaced my little sister's DSL case with a yellow one. The case feels very thin, flimsy and not well moulded but it does the job well enough and both me and my sister are pretty careful with our DSes (not chucking them about etc.) The case was pretty bad quality all the same, just being a moulded piece of clear plastic sprayed yellow on the inside to give the look of a real DS case although you can see some of the points where the paint has started to rub off on the volume slider and power switch.
    Not all are this bad though, the one that I used for my DSPhat was of a much superior quality that is almost as good as the original. The buttons feel nice and the only problems are a small scratch on the provided lens and the battery cover and sccrew for battery cover were terrible (the battery cover hung out a good 2 mm)

Don't go for the cheapest you can find and if possible go for SHOCK! cases as they seem to be pretty good quality cases from what I can tell.

8. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    SHOCK! cases are missing quite a few pieces. The $16 transparent ones from DX are apparently very good for replacement housing.