Repairing DS Lite Mic

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ChaosTheorySD, Apr 27, 2010.

1. ChaosTheorySD
    OP

ChaosTheorySD GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2004
    United States
    San Diego, CA
    Awhile back I bought a DS Lite off eBay that was almost in two pieces. I knew I had to replace the top screen, but the mic cable looked frayed too so I went ahead and replaced that as well (wifi still worked though, interestingly). Just got all the components today and finished up the job. Everything works fantastically now, but I still don't seem to be getting any response from the microphone. Is there anything else I can do to fix that or am I out of luck?

2. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    Are you sure it's connected properly?

3. ChaosTheorySD
    OP

ChaosTheorySD GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2004
    United States
    San Diego, CA
    I'm pretty sure. I pressed it in until I felt it click. Although I guess I can open it back up just to double check...

Edit: Just checked. It's in all the way.

Edit x2: Out of curiosity, what would happen if I had mixed up the wifi and mic cables? Would the wifi still work? Or is that more like an antennae to boost the range? I tested Pictochat with another DS and the fact that wifi was working leads me to believe that the wires are plugged into their proper places, but could I be wrong?

Edit x3: *ahem* So... uhhh... I had the wires plugged in backwards... Nothing to see here. Carry on. >_>

4. linkinworm

linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2008
    Birmingham (England)
    backwards? its a cap connection theres no way you can plug it in backwards, unles you stuck the mic in backwards whicn was pretty stupid