Repairing DS Lite Mic

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ChaosTheorySD, Apr 27, 2010.

Apr 27, 2010

Repairing DS Lite Mic by ChaosTheorySD at 12:58 AM (914 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ChaosTheorySD
    OP

Member ChaosTheorySD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Awhile back I bought a DS Lite off eBay that was almost in two pieces. I knew I had to replace the top screen, but the mic cable looked frayed too so I went ahead and replaced that as well (wifi still worked though, interestingly). Just got all the components today and finished up the job. Everything works fantastically now, but I still don't seem to be getting any response from the microphone. Is there anything else I can do to fix that or am I out of luck?

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Are you sure it's connected properly?

3. ChaosTheorySD
    OP

Member ChaosTheorySD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm pretty sure. I pressed it in until I felt it click. Although I guess I can open it back up just to double check...

Edit: Just checked. It's in all the way.

Edit x2: Out of curiosity, what would happen if I had mixed up the wifi and mic cables? Would the wifi still work? Or is that more like an antennae to boost the range? I tested Pictochat with another DS and the fact that wifi was working leads me to believe that the wires are plugged into their proper places, but could I be wrong?

Edit x3: *ahem* So... uhhh... I had the wires plugged in backwards... Nothing to see here. Carry on. >_>

4. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    backwards? its a cap connection theres no way you can plug it in backwards, unles you stuck the mic in backwards whicn was pretty stupid