Gaming Repairing a DSi upper LCD

proctology

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm fixing up a secondhand DSi. I took off the original dead screen and replaced it with a refurbished one. Although the refurbished one will usually allow the console to turn on instead of flicking right off, it only works a small percentage of the time - usually displaying a bunch of lines. Today, when I was messing with it some more, I noticed that putting pressure on the ribbon cable clip seems to affect whether or not it wants to fully work.

Basically, I'm not sure whether the refurbished screen I bought is faulty, or if the console needs a new ribbon cable clip. Is there a good way to test this? Also, if it is the latter, where can I buy it, and how is it installed? I've seen them for sale for the DS Lite, but not for DSi. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 person

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Basically, I'm not sure whether the refurbished screen I bought is faulty, or if the console needs a new ribbon cable clip. Is there a good way to test this? Also, if it is the latter, where can I buy it, and how is it installed? I've seen them for sale for the DS Lite, but not for DSi. Thanks!

Hi the Refurbed screen has a damaged ribbon cable. SEND IT BACK

proctology

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi the Refurbed screen has a damaged ribbon cable. SEND IT BACK

I've been in touch with the company I bought it from and will do that if I can be sure. Is there any way to know that the ribbon cable clip is okay, though? It really seems to make a difference (although the ribbon cable does seem unusually touchy anyway).

proctology

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Talked to the seller some more...they're trying to tell me it's not the screen and that I should take it to a shop (which is out of my budget and seems unlikely given that the position of the ribbon cable makes every difference in whether it wants to work or not). I'm still trying to talk to them about it, but has anyone else had this happen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again