berger20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To protect myself from future problems i'm trying to get my repair disc to boot, but ive done everything as several guides said and still no luck.

Story:
Got a brand new UK wii, came with v3.3e preinstalled
I downgraded via Anyregion Changer to 3.2e
Installed custom IOS36 rev7 by Waninkoko, Installed custom IOS37 rev3 by Waninkoko
Installed DVDx stup installer to IOS249

Burned the Repair Disc .iso 1:1 at the lowest supported speed (4x) to a blank Memorex 16x DVD-R
Videos on my Memorex 16x DVD-R's can be read by MPlayer perfectly, as if they were official but refuse to boot from loaders:

- Disc channel - 'Unable to read the disc' (Obviously)
- Menu patcher v1 (by Waninkoko) patched disc channel - 'Unable to read the disc'
- SoftChip v0.0.1 pre-release r76 under IOS36 revision 1042 or IOS249 revision 2070 - 'loctl error (Dl_ReadUnencrypted)'
- Backup launcher 0.3 Gamma by WiiGator (IOS249) - DVD read error (324)
- GeckoOS - Can't remember exactly what it said but it didn't work either

Any ideas?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
One question, what is the repair disc??....
wiiconfigdisc.JPG

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Ah thanks, so im guessing it repairs the Wii's OS? or bricked wii? Or am i wrong?
Doesn't do anything like that, search the wii backup disc, it saves a dump to SD of all saves, settings etc, gives users chance to change wiiID etc...it wont boot on fully bricked etc, it doesn't remove no channels nothing etc...

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Ah thanks, so im guessing it repairs the Wii's OS? or bricked wii? Or am i wrong?
Doesn't do anything like that, search the wii backup disc, it saves a dump to SD of all saves, settings etc, gives users chance to change wiiID etc...it wont boot on fully bricked etc, it doesn't remove no channels nothing etc...

Then why name it repair disc lol... Nintendo has some weird minds, oh well, basically a waste of a DVD-R disk if you decided to burn it...

DarkChili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berger20 said:
Installed custom IOS36 rev7 by Waninkoko, Installed custom IOS37 rev3 by Waninkoko

You do know that Waninkoko's cIOS's all install to slot 249 and that rev7 is the most current and rev3 is way outdated? Was cIOS rev3 the last thing you installed? Cause that cIOS doesn't have the DI commands.

berger20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow this is a good forum, I didn't expeect to get a repsonce that quickly.

To answer your questions:
- The repair disc I was talking about is the 'Backup disc' that leaked from nintendo in the US.
I called it 'repair disc' because if I said 'backup' the moderators might think it was a game backup.
- And yes the disc is very limited in use but 'every little helps'.

"I think you need to install the gamma patch, IOS249, its only for v1 that you need the DVDx stub "
I did a google search and couldn't find the gamma patch, unless you mean the IOS249 actually is the patch.
I believe I have Custom IOS36 rev7 by Waninkoko in the IOS249 slot.

"You do know that Waninkoko's cIOS's all install to slot 249 and that rev7 is the most current and rev3 is way outdated?"
I thought that because the IOS's that were patched (IOS36 and IOS37) were different you needed both.

My action plan:
1. Uninstall the custom IOS's and reinstall cIOS36
2. I'm going to see if uninstalling the DVDx helps, but I'm guessing proberly not.

Hopefully it'll work, if not I'll post the error messages here.

berger20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Back!

Story:
Used 'Custom IOS Uninstaller v1.1' to uninstall IOS249, reinstalled Custom IOS36 rev7
Uninstalled DVDx then reinstalled using IOS slot 249.

The results:
- Menu patcher v1 (by Waninkoko) patched disc channel - 'Unable to read the disc'
- SoftChip v0.0.1 pre-release r76 under IOS249 revision 2070 - 'loctl error (Dl_ReadID)'

It all mentions 'read', even thought the discs worked perfectly in MPlayer so heres more DVD details if it helps:
The DVDs: http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/6362893/Memo...ox/Product.html
The underside of the discs have a purplish colour like these discs have: http://shop.cd-writer.com/catalog/images/p...sddvd_rss16.jpg

My Wii came with v3.3e preinstalled, did Nintendo sneak any patches in that a Wii updated to v3.3e might not have?

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
man what you doin to that poor thing..lol

start from scratch and follow one of the guides around here, i recommend either any of the following...

Big Moe's
DJ Taz's
Emporer Of Canada

any of these packs will leave you with a nice finshed setup.

20clarky08

berger20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"start from scratch and follow one of the guides around here"

I'd heard of Big Moes so I tried that, but.....:

The results:
- SoftChip v0.0.1 pre-release r76 under IOS249 revision 2070 - 'loctl error (Dl_ReadID)'

Any other ideas? I'm sure it's a software thing, the discs can be read by Mplayer that should suggest that loaders are capable...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...