Hacking Removing Wii hacks

jimmywibble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I have a Wii with the twilight hack and USB Loader and some virtual console game WADs installed. I have recently got a job and find myself in a moral dilemma. I would like to start buying games, and I'd like my Wii to be as fresh as the day I bought it.

Is there an easy way to remove all of the homebrew in one clean sweep? Will simply formatting the wii system via the settings menu do this? I would like to play purchased games with the latest firmware without the system feeding me errors etc because of the modding.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
update to 4.2 through nintendo will get rid of any cios you have installed.It will also get rid of the twilight hack if its still on your wii.

If you have any custom channels like usb loader gx or anything installed as channels you will need to delete them first before updating.Do that by using wad manager to delete the wad of the channel.That is if you still have the original wad file.

After that you can run bannerbomb and use the hackmii installer to uninstall the homebrew channel.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I suggest against formatting at any time. Pretty useless imo, and not a good idea if it's modified. Even formatting after clearing everything is a waste since all you're doing is pretty much deleting all of your save progress and such.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your Wii had CIOSCORP installed, I would recommend installing Bootmii before going into 4.2 just as a precaution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.