YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was going to start recording some footage for SSB4 , Namely glitches, however it seems that deleting the update from system Memory isn't enough as the game asks you to re-install he update before use...

Does anyone happen to know if there is a way around this? Thanks!

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Disconnect the Wii U from the internet, remove the pending update from HOME Menu > Download Management and any installed updates from System Settings > Data Management. Turn off the Wii U and turn it back on. Insert the Smash Bros. disc. It should now boot the game without asking to update.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Disconnect the Wii U from the internet, remove the pending update from HOME Menu > Download Management and any installed updates from System Settings > Data Management. Turn off the Wii U and turn it back on. Insert the Smash Bros. disc. It should now boot the game without asking to update.

Ah cool! I've only tried it by deleting the update and trying to start with no internet connectivity... I never turned the damn thing off then on before I tried loading it again hahah I'll try tomorrow, thanks for the info!

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey sorry to double post for a bump, I tried what you recommended just now and the console still wants me to perform an update before playing!

Disconnected from internet, Removed update data from the data management and there are no updates pending in the download manager.

Do you think there's something in the save possible which is stopping me from playing with an older version? I'll try copying it to an SD and removing it from the WiiU an edit this if there hasn't been a reply :)

EDIT: Turns out you can't move Saves to an SD on the WiiU... Damn it.
EDIT2: I DID manage to copy the data to a USB drive, however even if no data related to smash 4 is present then the game cannot be played :(
EDIT3: Do not recommend moving things to USB, it corrupted and now I have 0 saves for SSB4 and will be starting again... DAMN! ALL MY CHALLENGES!

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Do you think there's something in the save possible which is stopping me from playing with an older version?
That's exactly it. I advised you to delete the update, which should actually be separate data next to your save under System Settings > Data Management.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah before you mentioned that I actually deleted everything anyways, including the SSB4 save from the console, and the Update date (Obviously :P ) but still, no avail, never mind it's all sorted now! Thanks for trying dude :)

(Sorry for the Bump, just updating in case anyone else attempted)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs