Hacking Removing Startpatch Hacks?

SeriousTIEM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heya all. I've had a helluva day here.

My little bro and I just wanted to play Skyward Sword. A Wii was sold to me saying it was from here but upon looking it up it's a European Wii (We are in Canada) so I had a lovely quest of trying to region-free it. I'd heard of Startpatch wayyyyyyyyyyy back when I was younger and decided to go with it after looking into it. I used it to region free the system and to disable updates from the disc. I read in another post from this site that its apparently possible to remove these hacks from the system, but I have yet to find a way of actually doing this. Skyward Sword just gives me a black screen when I try to load it at this point and I'm kind of feeling like I bought $100 worth of equipment and games for no reason haha. Running 4.3U Wii if that matters, this has been my first attempt at softmodding.

SeriousTIEM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the quick response you are amazing! And I didn't (and frankly, not sure how to) - I just kinda started the system and already had the Wiimotion + in the controller when I connected it.

I'm as dumb as a brick lol

EDIT:
It probably is important to say I'm using an actual disc, this isn't on a USB

Last edited by SeriousTIEM,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it getting to the remote safety screen? It's at some point after where it shows you the WM+ video. Once you've watched it on any WM+ game it saves it in the system config so you only have to watch it once. If you don't even get to the wrist strap screen then it probably is a region issue.

The StartPatch page on WiiBrew tells you how to remove the hacks again. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/StartPatch

SeriousTIEM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would just load into a black screen - I actually didn't notice that it said to just press B to uninstall hacks on Startpatch, I have glasses for a reason lol. Thank you. I realized that my system itself was fully updated, so I uninstalled 'block disc updates' and installed the update for SS. I had read that you could brick your Wii by installing system updates so I disabled them, but after discovering my system was up to date and it wouldn't be updating the actual system per se, I went along with it and the game works.

Thank you so very much for your quick responses, you are amazing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)