Removing Hacked Firmware

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fordie00, Nov 1, 2010.

Nov 1, 2010

Removing Hacked Firmware by fordie00 at 12:36 AM (1,353 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. fordie00
    OP

Newcomer fordie00 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Don't know if this is the best place to post.... not everyone will care but,

I need to go back to official Nintendo Firmware. I currently have 4.3E Wan. Cant seem to access a Priiloader by holding reset down, try to update though Wii system and it comes up with a 32007 error.
    I know its not my router as I have tried updating else where. Format didn't help either. Any help would be great.

2. Sao Mortel

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    If you use Modmii to 'rehack' your wii. Just tell it its a virgin wii and anwser the questions. if youre not sure about something come back here and ask. That way it WILL have latest official firmware it just the ioss above 200 that are hacked. You can delete them but they don't hurt anyone.

3. fordie00
    OP

Newcomer fordie00 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Great, will that then let me go onto the shopping channel and officially buy games? (it's the misses!) lol

4. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Reinstall your sysmenu only.

It should fix your problem because it is patched by waninkokos updater.

5. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You can officially use the shop channel even with a modified system menu... just use MMM or dopmii or shop channel updater... All three will install the latest shop channel and latest IOS56 needed for it.

6. foolontehill

Newcomer foolontehill Advanced Member

United States

If you still have the Home brew channel, and are on SM 4.3Wan then you should be able to get the latest shop channel with no problems. Like they said, get Multi Mod Manager. Use it to update the shop channel and install the latest IOS 56 is uses.

The reason you cant access priiloader when powering on your wii, is it was probably never updated after you went to 4.3. Use MMM to install priiloader with its built in app manager.

7. fordie00
    OP

Newcomer fordie00 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Nope, no Homebrew channel does this mean ill have to do the Indiana Jones Hack?

8. egurgle

Member egurgle GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    if no HBC, Priiloader or Forwarder then u need an exploit (using Lego Indiana Jones) to reinstall HBC. Just follow ModMii generated for you.
    enjoy it [​IMG]

9. fordie00
    OP

Newcomer fordie00 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Can I just say thank you very much.... Convinced the misses to get the new Red Wii and I now have the old one fully modded!

Cheers again everyone!