Homebrew Remove VC darkening?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It runs GBA smoothly and at full speed? I remember the Wii wasn't ideal and the PSP also had a lot of drops, but for whatever reason I never tried it on the Wii U. I'll give it a go tomorrow (:

GBA has been running perfectly for some time with mGBA on Wii and Wii U. In fact, mGBA surpasses VBAGX in terms of speed, no frame skip, no stuttering, no dropped frames. All games run 100% full speed.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, if we learned how to make vc injects for the 3ds look far better than the ones that Nintendo did, there should be no doubt that it's possible to do with the wii u's virtual console.

You just have to not push people to ignore the problem (which is pretty much what's happened everytime someone mentions a problem on the wii u side of homebrew)

To start, we need to decrypt all of the files and look at the code that makes up the prepackaged emulator, and look for options related to the problem. (That's as much as I can help for now. I have way too much stuff on my plate at the moment)

AdmiralToucan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone figured out how to remove the VC darkening filter or bilinear filter from the N64 games? I know it's been done for GBA on 3DS and DS on WiiU.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not sure, I seem to remember hearing of it on here before. I think it requires unpacking the .app etc files and editing a config file then repacking.
Nope, we couldn't find a way to remove the dark filter (gamma correction) on N64 titles.
Not that nor 16:9 aspect ratio for certain games that supported it natively, like Donkey Kong 64.
Nintendo fucked up there, a simple toggle option for the user to disable the filter and/or the aspect ratio to full screen would have done it for a ton of VC titles, but nope, they gotta go the lazy way out and force it all upon the user.

Unpacking .app is also unnecessary, as we have Loadiine dumps of the entire VC library, and for N64 the best game to choose as the base is F-Zero X as it has the latest compiled version of the N64 emu Nintendo used (vessel.rpx).
However, we played around with tons of configs and stuff, but nothing seem to activate fullscreen (16:9) nor remove the gamma filter sadly.

If someone does know a way though, please share it with us.
I have quite a handful of games I halted just because of those two issues on N64 VC injections.

CoinKillerL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nope, we couldn't find a way to remove the dark filter (gamma correction) on N64 titles.
Not that nor 16:9 aspect ratio for certain games that supported it natively, like Donkey Kong 64.
Nintendo fucked up there, a simple toggle option for the user to disable the filter and/or the aspect ratio to full screen would have done it for a ton of VC titles, but nope, they gotta go the lazy way out and force it all upon the user.

Unpacking .app is also unnecessary, as we have Loadiine dumps of the entire VC library, and for N64 the best game to choose as the base is F-Zero X as it has the latest compiled version of the N64 emu Nintendo used (vessel.rpx).
However, we played around with tons of configs and stuff, but nothing seem to activate fullscreen (16:9) nor remove the gamma filter sadly.

If someone does know a way though, please share it with us.
I have quite a handful of games I halted just because of those two issues on N64 VC injections.
I guess the best way is to wait for a retroarch N64 core,since i fixed the sd problem, i used a 4gb NORMAL sdhc and it worked,microsd are the problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH