Hacking Question Remove partental controls from banned switch?

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[SOLVED]

Trying to remove parental controls mostly results in a crash after it trying to connect to the server, and if not, then it it will fail and display an error code.

At most I can temporarily disable it from the home menu by entering the pin, however this re-enables after going into sleep mode and the icon remains which ruins quite a few themes.

Last edited by TotalJustice,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to remove parental controls mostly results in a crash after it trying to connect to the server, and if not, then it it will fail and display an error code.

At most I can temporarily disable it from the home menu by entering the pin, however this re-enables after going into sleep mode and the icon remains which ruins quite a few themes.
Factory reset?

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Factory reset has to connect to the internet to unlink my account, this fails because it can’t connect to ninty servers.
Ask Nintendo to unlink your account. Tell them you sold the switch or lost it etc.

Then after it’s unlinked do a factory reset and never use this feature again. Also, trust your children more and give them more explanation what is allowed and what not.

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Flash back your nand backup?

Trying that now.

Ask Nintendo to unlink your account. Tell them you sold the switch or lost it etc.

Then after it’s unlinked do a factory reset and never use this feature again. Also, trust your children more and give them more explanation what is allowed and what not.

It is unlinked, however it cannot connect to Nintendo’s server as the console is banned.

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, but that doesn’t fix it either. Entering the pin incorrectly just results in me not able to enter again for 30 minutes. I don’t have the option to reset or say I forgot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Solved!

The factory reset did work! I had to enable airplane mode which then stopped it from connecting to nintys servers (obviously). I was then able to format.

Thanks for help everyone!

Reactions: Shadow#1

juriju

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks, but that doesn’t fix it either. Entering the pin incorrectly just results in me not able to enter again for 30 minutes. I don’t have the option to reset or say I forgot.

Solved!

The factory reset did work! I had to enable airplane mode which then stopped it from connecting to nintys servers (obviously). I was then able to format.

juriju

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Solved!

Did the reset erased all your games and savefiles?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks