Hacking Remove EmuNAND

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried dumping the system's NAND to EmuNAND using USB Loader GX, but while installing the 00000000.app file the installation stayed at 100% and somehow did not confirm the install. Pressing the "cancel" button did nothing, so I hard-resetted the Wii.

Upon rebooting there apparently was an EmuNAND created on the SD card, but both a TurboGrafx-16 game (Detana Twinbee) and a SNES game (FF III) made the system crash on a black screen. I guess the EmuNAND dump was botched.

Now I wish to redo the process. Any way to remove the failed EmuNAND first? Or shall I just dump it again over the old files?

BTW, the NAND games still work as usual and nothing seems to be bricked.

Last edited by SaddQ,

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Simply delete the emunand folder(s) from your sd or hdd, it should be in a nands folder (or possibly even the device root)

Since I couldn't find an EmuNAND folder, but only a folder saying 'nands', I deleted that one. Did I mess up my Wii?
The folder was on the SD card, so the Wii NAND itself shouldn't be affected, should it?

Edit: I seem to have lost save games of my Gamecube games, which are located on the SD card, plus the virtual memory card option in Nintendont was switched off. I guess my (few) save games are history?

Last edited by SaddQ,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
By default game saves are saved to real nand, but u can switch to have it saved to emunand. If u did the latter, and fully deleted the emunand files instead of moving/renaming, then yeah, those files are probably toast.

You could try to recover deleted files using get data back or similar recovery tools, but your mileage will vary

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's no big deal. I only had two or three very early stage saves, like having finished level 1-1 in LoZ:FSA. No biggie.
A bigger issue is that using USB Loader GX to try to dump the NAND again "crashed" the process with the file 00000000.app at 100%.
Getting pretty tired of it now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By default game saves are saved to real nand, but u can switch to have it saved to emunand. If u did the latter, and fully deleted the emunand files instead of moving/renaming, then yeah, those files are probably toast.

You could try to recover deleted files using get data back or similar recovery tools, but your mileage will vary

I never had an EmuNAND. The game saves were from GC games loaded off of the SD card using USB Loader GX/Nintendont. The other saves were still perfectly fine btw, only the Gamecube ones were affected.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Edit: I seem to have lost save games of my Gamecube games, which are located on the SD card, plus the virtual memory card option in Nintendont was switched off. I guess my (few) save games are history?

Well, isn't it obvious? Just turn it back on.
Nintendont has nothing to do with emunand.

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, isn't it obvious? Just turn it back on.
Nintendont has nothing to do with emunand.

Before deleting the nands folder, the virtual memory card in Nintendont was still turned ON. Deleting the folder turned it off.

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now, after another failed NAND dump, there are 0 blocks of space free on the SD card, even though in the Homebrew Channel Menu it says there is 17.xx GB of free space.
I am at a total loss now. Shall I just reformat the SD card or is there any way to resolve this?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Now, after another failed NAND dump, there are 0 blocks of space free on the SD card, even though in the Homebrew Channel Menu it says there is 17.xx GB of free space.
I am at a total loss now. Shall I just reformat the SD card or is there any way to resolve this?
Possibly corruption, try running Check Disk.

Reactions: SaddQ

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Possibly corruption, try running Check Disk.
I did so, but nothing was found and Windows 10 still says:
1.png

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Apparently, I had put so many GameCube games on it, it was almost full already. Add the failed EmuNAND installs with the folders /nands/shared and /01 and /02 and the files therein (btw, what can I delete from those folders?), and the SD card was full already.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Btw, a fresh/virgin emunand will expand its files during first boot, if there's literally zero free space left for it to do this it will fail. You should delete the entire emunand, if you later have a complete/working emunand, you can remove individual titles using showmiiwads/showmiinand, but an individual title will have data saved to numerous folders on an emunand, so it's not recommended to manually trim an emunand as it's very easy to mess it up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol