Hacking Homebrew Remove Atmosphere splash screen

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
You are using fusee to load Atmosphere, you need to use fss0/package3 for remove Atmosphere splash screen. Open file hekete_ipl.ini located inside folder bootloader, find:

Replace with:
Code:
fss0=atmosphere/package3
What is the significance of this if any? I also wanted to remove that logo after not having it for a while and then suddenly having it after updating.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What is the significance of this if any? I also wanted to remove that logo after not having it for a while and then suddenly having it after updating.
There are two ways to load Atmosphère FROM Hekate:

On mode FSS0 where Hekate act as a full bootloader then read and extract some parts from Atmosphère PACKAGE3 file and load them.

On Payload chain mode, where you chainload FUSEE.bin file from Hekate, on this mode is Atmosphère who make all the bootload process.

If you modify the source files and build your own Atmosphère, you will need to repeat the process on EACH update.

If the only splash you want to ride of is "Splash.bin" you can opt to use Hekate for loading Atmosphère as FSS0.

you also can load Atmosphère injecting or loading FUSEE.bin from start and not using Hekate at all, on this case the only way to ride off any splash is to build your custom Atmosphère from source.

Reactions: laz305

JinWood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two ways to load Atmosphère FROM Hekate:

On mode FSS0 where Hekate act as a full bootloader then read and extract some parts from Atmosphère PACKAGE3 file and load them.

On Payload chain mode, where you chainload FUSEE.bin file from Hekate, on this mode is Atmosphère who make all the bootload process.

If you modify the source files and build your own Atmosphère, you will need to repeat the process on EACH update.

If the only splash you want to ride of is "Splash.bin" you can opt to use Hekate for loading Atmosphère as FSS0.

you also can load Atmosphère injecting or loading FUSEE.bin from start and not using Hekate at all, on this case the only way to ride off any splash is to build your custom Atmosphère from source.
If I want to remove the splash screen by modifying the source code, which file should I modify?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If I want to remove the splash screen by modifying the source code, which file should I modify?

If only you are about to change the Splash screen you could use the included python script https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/At...urations.md#adding-a-custom-boot-splashscreen

If you really want to build Atmosphère you can read: https://gbatemp.net/threads/building-atmosphere-on-windows-using-msys2.613446/

For creating the Splash.bin file needed to change the first fusee splash screen, you start with a 1280 X 720 px image, then using the attached file Create_Splash_bin.py you run the command:

Create_Splash_bin.py IMAGENAME.PNG

and the script will generate the splash.bin to be copied to /img/ subfolder of Atmosphère code

The post about to create a boot_splash_screen_notext.inc file is:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-boot-logo-for-switch.569031/post-9941051 this file is shown before start the CFW load.

for change the nintendo bootlogo, you can read:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-boot-logo-tutorial.619725/

Attachments

• Create_Splash_bin.zip
    604 bytes · Views: 31

JinWood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@impeeza
I want to build Atmosphère and I have already set up the environment. I want to remove the first fusee boot screen from the source code, but I’m not sure which code to remove.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@impeeza
I want to build Atmosphère and I have already set up the environment. I want to remove the first fusee boot screen from the source code, but I’m not sure which code to remove.
I will not mess with the code, instead better to create a "blank" image you create a full black 1280X720 image and convert it using the python script and replace the one on the code with the new one. is easiest.

JinWood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will not mess with the code, instead better to create a "blank" image you create a full black 1280X720 image and convert it using the python script and replace the one on the code with the new one. is easiest.
Thank you for your answer. I’ll give it a try.

leathan7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same problem. But on my new oled switch i dont have the splash screen. but on my old switch I do have it... Both FW 16... and i want the splash screen gone :( I don't get it.. the files are the same I think... and yes thats not a friendly way at all

I made this https://github.com/ileathan/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.6.2 so that my mario icons were not sandwhiching the atmosphere logo which looked ugly to me.

If you just want to remove the logo use the first package if you want to replace the logo do a feature request with the image. Otherwise I have one with my ganster mario but that package also replaces the hekate and nintendo logo so if you don't want that remove the /bootloader/bootlogo.bmp and /atmosphere/exefs_patches/bootlogo folder and it will only replace the ams logo.

I am unsure if my package changes the splash when booting from fusee but if it doesn't you can use the aforementioned script.

I tested it on my oled and unpatched switch and it works but use at your own risk I will try to follow upstream so long as I use my switch but the link is JUST FOR 1.6.2.

Last edited by leathan7,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I made this https://github.com/ileathan/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.6.2 so that my mario icons were not sandwhiching the atmosphere logo which looked ugly to me.

If you just want to remove the logo use the first package if you want to replace the logo do a feature request with the image. Otherwise I have one with my ganster mario but that package also replaces the hekate and nintendo logo so if you don't want that remove the /bootloader/bootlogo.bmp and /atmosphere/exefs_patches/bootlogo folder and it will only replace the ams logo.

I am unsure if my package changes the splash when booting from fusee but if it doesn't you can use the aforementioned script.

I tested it on my oled and unpatched switch and it works but use at your own risk I will try to follow upstream so long as I use my switch but the link is JUST FOR 1.6.2.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/remove-atmosphere-splash-screen.629387/post-10113987

mmxyssky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know I recompiled the code to remove the AMS logo from being in the middle of my boot logos (not the splash screen).
I really like this, could you please make a few other startup images instead of Mario?
Post automatically merged:

Yes I know I recompiled the code to remove the AMS logo from being in the middle of my boot logos (not the splash screen).
In addition, you may need to fix the image bug without logo, which is white at startup, and I think you should also update the 1280*720 image on the homepage so that it will be complete (I mean make it all black)

Last edited by mmxyssky,

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No really, the use of the script is very self explanatory:

you download the script from https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/raw/master/utilities/insert_splash_screen.py then you run it on the same folder where you have PACKAGE3 and then you copy the new package3 file to your SD Card, now each time you start fusee.bin the new splash is shown.
ok thanks but where is the part where I add my own splash screen to replace it? or the only option is to just remove it? and how do you run it?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
when you run the script you must provide parameters:

1711848138318.png

the path to the image you like as new splash and the path to package 3 file.

so you SET A NEW SPLASH, if you like "remove" I think you can use a image with only black.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey you still around? I would like to do this also. Can you explain how you did it please?

mmxyssky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
«image» the path to any image file typically 1280*720
Can I ask how you open the insert_splash_screen script? When I double-click to run it, the terminal does not appear, but a black screen flashes by (*I know this question is stupid, I hope you can help me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o