Remote Play with mobile data

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Redhulk25, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Redhulk25
    OP

Redhulk25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Is there any way to get my phone to connect to my ps4 for remote play via mobile data hot spot. Whenever I want to connect i get greeted with error codes which doesn't make sense to me since my vita could connect just fine on the same hot spot. Any help would be appreciated.

2. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Maybe your mobile data is too slow. My friend connected his mobile hotspot to PS3 fine, but it was just very slow and wasn't reliable. Why do you need to connect via mobile data?

Redhulk25 and Boogieboo6 like this.
  3. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    It's probably because you're on a mobile hotspot. You need 5Mb/s+ -upload- connection on the PS4 at home and a 5Mb/s+ -download- connection on the Vita.

Redhulk25 and VinLark like this.
  4. Redhulk25
    OP

Redhulk25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    The problem isn't the vita not connecting that connects just fine on the hotspot. The problem is my phone (which is sharing the hotspot)not connecting.

5. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Wait, so your phone isn't making the hotspot? What?

6. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    So your vita connects to your phone's hotspot, but the phone won't connect to the PS4? I don't get the problem.

7. Redhulk25
    OP

Redhulk25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    No it is, it's just not connecting to the ps4. Which the vita and my tablet both do perfectly fine.

8. Redhulk25
    OP

Redhulk25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Yes the vita connects to the hotspot and the ps4, but the phone making the hotspot wont connect to the ps4.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

9. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    are you using the hacked APK for remote play, or on a sony xperia phone?

10. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    i have attempted this twice with the extracted xperia APK and 2 different phones (rooted note 3 and s7) on canadian bell LTE.

similar issue, the devices all connect to ps4 no problem, i can see the remote devices in the ps4's remote menu list, but the app will never complete the connection to PS4 to control menu or play anything.

i have tried both bluetooth connection and micro usb cable for controller connection on the phones. gave up

11. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    no idea, I'm able to use mine over LTE, canadian Sasktel (same network as bell basically)

for the hacked you have to use usb