Remote Play for "all" PS4 games

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Ryupower, May 29, 2013.

1. TehSkull

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    On another note: When is Sony going to announce Remote Play support for PlayStation Certified androids? I may not be interested in a Vita, but they could definitely sell me a phone.

2. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

GBAtemp Patron
    Devin is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus

I am now no one, since I enjoyed that feature on my PS3 as mentioned before. Don't generalize a group not using something just because you don't. (Although if even less users use it than no one, then I think we may have an issue.) And to chime in again, not every game works. Even on CFW. Support gets tacked on from update to update because people use it. And to finish this off I'll echo what a bunch of people have said in this thread.

Don't like a non mandatory feature? Don't use it. Sweet, and to the point. Don't take my post personally, but yeah. Generalized information irks me in a way.

Foxi4 likes this.
  3. jumpman1229

jumpman1229 SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

Mar 2, 2013
    United States
    Maryland
    They're PlayStation certified phones weren't such a big hit. Sure they created a lot of buzz in the Android community and gaming community, but to everyday regular consumers, they weren't that popular

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Supervisor
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    As far as I remember, they already have - on their presentation back in february.

EDIT: Nevermind, I re-watched that fragment and they only mention PlayStation 4-related apps on smart devices. Now that I think about it though, it's sort of understandable why they wouldn't want this on smartphones - very little devices have the necessary input methods (buttons, analog sticks etc) to incorporate Remote Play fluently, plus this feature alone might push the PSVita sales.

5. terminal_illness

terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Aug 29, 2008
    Canada
    Canada! Mah Fukas!

lmao. Do you just hang out in the USN section and wait for new threads so you can make corny puns before anyone else? haha no offence meant. some of them make me chuckle.

luigiman1928 and Gahars like this.
  6. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    If it works well, then awesome. But there was lag even in the PS4 presentation so I'm not going to get too excited just yet.

7. luigiman1928

luigiman1928 Most original Custom Title

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    sd_Doomsday
    Good move on Sony's part. I for one like to complain about not every PS3 game being on the Vita, so this is a nice fix for them next gen.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted