reload cfw without injecting payload everytime?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Keylogger, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    Is it possible to reload sx os or any cfw from current cfw ?

It’s boring to connect it everytime to pc to inject payload just for choose emunand or not

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Nope. Not yet.

3. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    It will be grest maybe an nsp game that when you choose it restart the switch with an internal payload .
    Or kinda when you get the black screen message to turn off the switch and press the button 12 second after you do it , to boot automatically on team xecuter OS , without injecting or plugin anything else .

4. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    That's not how it works. You always need a way of pushing the payload, which is possible only from the outside (talking about rcm).

5. RayPanimals

RayPanimals Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    Not going to happen until untethered exploit is released.

matias3ds likes this.
  6. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    The most convenient setup imo that I've found is having AutoRCM and a dongle.
    Then I can just click the EasyPower homebrew, stick in my dongle, and then I can pick the external payload I want.
    All within a few seconds.

Holding the power button for the "power options" menu feels like it takes longer.

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It could happen, chainloading payloads is possible. So it makes sense that it should also be possible to patch in a backdoor to boot payloads from CFW.

8. zenamez

zenamez GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2016
    So far the only thing which is capable of doing this is a mod chip (like the SwitchMe) if you do the 7 wire install which autoboots into RCM and injects on boot.

There's nothing software based only at the moment (chainloading requires a dongle or payload pusher etc).