Religion. The Last Debate

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 28,193
  • Replies 428

Is there a God? Do you believe in God?

• Yes, there is a God. My reason is posted.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there is no God. My reason is posted.

• There may or may not be a God. I'm not sure.

• Total voters

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jet™ said:
Magmorph said:
[M said:
artin]
Magmorph said:
You didn't fail. God made humans knowing what the outcome of your life would be. It is the fault of God.
God presents you with free-will and choice. Therefore, yes, it is YOU that failed based on YOUR decisions.

It may seem easy to blame all of your mistakes on one thing but... highly illogical when you're the one at the wheel.
If I leave a brick out in the middle of the street and I know that the outcome of doing so will be a car accident is it not my fault for causing it?
if you did it , yes , it is your fault

(my keyboard is broken )
God made humans knowing that the outcome would be bad. Whose fault is it now?

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RoMee said:
QUOTE said:
Some Christians I've talked to claim it was a necessary evil, it paved the way for the jews to return to Israel, which is one of the signs of the Apocalypse, yada yada yada.

really?? so if god wanted to kill your family, kids, wife, etc..you'll just say "okay as long as it's god's plan"

I doubt you'll be saying what you just said if it was your family getting slaughter

Um, no. I'm an atheist. I'm saying, thats what I discovered when I researched the question.

TrolleyDave said:
QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Sep 11 2010, 10:26 PM)
PS:
If Jet ever comes back from his cry-fest, tell him to change the poll back.

I've already changed it back.

Great, so the results are skewed, because I voted for the top one. :/

B

ball2012003

OP
RoMee said:
QUOTE said:
Some Christians I've talked to claim it was a necessary evil, it paved the way for the jews to return to Israel, which is one of the signs of the Apocalypse, yada yada yada.

really?? so if god wanted to kill your family, kids, wife, etc..you'll just say "okay as long as it's god's plan"
Yes because your supposed love God more than anything. Also what you just said actually happened in the Bible. God told someone(I forgot the name) to kill his son in his name. The Dad didn't want to of course because it was his only child but he still listened. But before he did anything God sent down angels to stop the dad because God saw how the Dad was loyal to God more than anything else in the world.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
0ddity said:
RoMee said:
QUOTE said:

I doubt you'll be saying what you just said if it was your family getting slaughter

Um, no. I'm an atheist. I'm saying, thats what I discovered when I researched the question.

TrolleyDave said:
QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Sep 11 2010, 10:26 PM)
PS:
If Jet ever comes back from his cry-fest, tell him to change the poll back.

I've already changed it back.

sorry.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
RoMee said:
QUOTE said:
Hitlers religious views are widely disputed. By his term as Fuhrer he believed in a completely different God to the Judaic one.

he's a christian dude..read his speaches

I've studied Hitler quite a bit. He wasn't truly a Christian. He also promoted Germanic religion during his stint as as Fuhrer. He was a hardcore Nationalist. The God he was referencing, usually as "The Creator" or "The Providence" wasn't the Christian God as such, it was his own ideal of it.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
QUOTE said:
You didn't fail. God made humans knowing what the outcome of your life would be. It is the fault of God.

so god knew Hitler (who believe in god) was gonna killed thousands of people and he let it happened??
am I the only one who see there's something wrong here...or did the Jews deserve it??

PROVE YOUR GOD IS REAL

Hitler was born with sin just like you and me. His decisions and choices lead him to events that you're referring to. He didn't let it happen, Hilter's choices made it so.

I don't understand why you guys thinks that God's tasks are to intervene and stop every single smallest event that is deemed wrong in your personal eyes from happening. The Bible claims that there is a plan that he has for all of us and it's quite clear that we currently cannot understand it.

QUOTE(Magmorph @ Sep 11 2010, 04:23 PM)
If I leave a brick out in the middle of the street and I know that the outcome of doing so will be a car accident is it not my fault for causing it?
Not if (and bear with how stupid this sounds) you give that brick the free-will, choice, and knowledge to move out of the way based on the possible outcomes/consequences.

Humans =/= Inanimate Brainless Bricks (well... maybe some of you...
nyanya.gif
)

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
RoMee said:
QUOTE said:
Hitlers religious views are widely disputed. By his term as Fuhrer he believed in a completely different God to the Judaic one.

he's a christian dude..read his speaches

I've studied Hitler quite a bit. He wasn't truly a Christian. He also promoted Germanic religion during his stint as as Fuhrer. He was a hardcore Nationalist. The God he was referencing, usually as "The Creator" or "The Providence" wasn't the Christian God as such, it was his own ideal of it.

for a guy who is not christin, he sure loves to praise his christian god

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
RoMee said:
QUOTE said:

so god knew Hitler (who believe in god) was gonna killed thousands of people and he let it happened??
am I the only one who see there's something wrong here...or did the Jews deserve it??

PROVE YOUR GOD IS REAL
Hitler was born with sin just like you and me. His decisions and choices lead him to events that you're referring to. He didn't let it happen, Hilter's choices made it so.
The argument that God is omniscient says otherwise.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
jet™ said:
TrolleyDave said:
0ddity said:

Hang on. I'll fix that.

sorry, I can't help my instinct. Forgive me.

Can't help your instinct? So you admit that you swapped the polls around because you didn't like the results?

QUOTE(jet™ @ Sep 11 2010, 10:33 PM)
@TD - Hitler could NEVER have been a christian. Mein Kampf proves this.

Hitler was at one point Christian. He believed he was divinely chosen after an incident in WW1.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
Humans =/= Inanimate Brainless Bricks (well... maybe some of you...
nyanya.gif
)
I could give it the will to move out of the way. What if I know it will not move out of the way?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I don't understand why you guys thinks that God's tasks are to intervene and stop every single smallest event that is deemed wrong in your personal eyes from happening.

so you're saying the slaughter of thousands of people is a "small event"??

QUOTEwrong in your personal eyes

so you don't think it's wrong

PROVE YOUR GOD IS REAL

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
God himself is responsible for the largest (alleged) genocide in history, killing every human on earth except one family (eww earth re-population by incest again.)

D

Deleted User

OP
TrolleyDave said:
jet™ said:
TrolleyDave said:
0ddity said:

Hang on. I'll fix that.

sorry, I can't help my instinct. Forgive me.

Can't help your instinct? So you admit that you swapped the polls around because you didn't like the results?
(I'll admit that.)

QUOTE(jet™ @ Sep 11 2010, 10:33 PM)
@TD - Hitler could NEVER have been a christian. Mein Kampf proves this.

Hitler was at one point Christian. He believed he was divinely chosen after an incident in WW1.
God would have known what happened later. Hitler commited suicide, and people that deliberately commit suicide go directly to hell.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jet™ said:
God would have known what happened later. Hitler commited suicide, and people that deliberately commit suicide go directly to hell.
Find me a passage in the Bible that says this.(hint: it doesn't exist.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1