Religion. The Last Debate

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 28,144
  • Replies 428

Is there a God? Do you believe in God?

• Yes, there is a God. My reason is posted.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there is no God. My reason is posted.

• There may or may not be a God. I'm not sure.

• Total voters

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
"original sin" and "ancestral sin" are later christian concepts, neither term appears in the bible.

Martin said:
If you fail while here on Earth and receive the outcome of residing in Hell, then yup, YOU failed.

Won't you be surprised if the "true" god is Buddha and you end up in Naraka.

That would be fail.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
RoMee said:
so you're saying god set up human to fail?
According to Christianity, humans are given the choice to believe in God. If you truly accept him and whatnot, when you die, you enter Heaven. That's not fail. Your test is here while you're on Earth, against sin and such. Now of course, I have different beliefs on others on what sin actually is, but that's up to each person to determine, I would assume. Never said I agree completely with the Bible word for word or anything, most of the sinful situations and their consequences are severely outdated, in my opinion.

If you fail while here on Earth and receive the outcome of residing in Hell, then yup, YOU failed.
You didn't fail. God made humans knowing what the outcome of your life would be. It is the fault of God.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
Yes, as a matter of fact he did. He saw how humans were a mistake to make, but then he sent down his son Jesus to make up for all of our sins.
Adam and Eve gave into temptation and made the mistake.
blink.gif

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-religion is man made
-most christians are hypocite....practice what you preach..plz
-biggest monster are god believers..warren jeff, mansion, hitler..nixon..etc
-hate...religous people love to discriminate against gays, women's choice, other religions, etc
and they justify their hate with their god

So if you believe your god is real...PROVE IT

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
ball2012003 said:
Yes, as a matter of fact he did. He saw how humans were a mistake to make, but then he sent down his son Jesus to make up for all of our sins.
blink.gif
So God made imperfect beings? If God was perfect every being he made would be perfect and unable to make mistakes.

B

ball2012003

OP
RoMee said:
If you truely believe your god is real..... PROVE IT

copy and paste from the bible, it not proof
Did you just hear what you said "if you truly believe"
Thats what religion is "belief" its not about proof.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Okay. The first does it so all others must follow?

If a smart person tries something and a single variable doesn't work out right, what do they do?
Do they give up because every single time it is guaranteed to happen again? Or do they start over and hope for success?

Either God doesn't exist, or he's just an idiot.

Also, your last two paragraphs are contradictory.

According to the Bible, Adam and Eve were cursed when they ate that darned fruit, the fruit of Knowledge. Basically, humans were animals before they ate the fruit. They were naive, and couldn't sin, just like animals. But some religions argue that once they did, a new veil was uncovered for them, and with it, a "sin gene" was put into the gene pool (figuratively, of course), a gene we're all cursed with to this day. And since God can't come into contact with anything sinful, he can't touch us until we've proved our devotion to him by accepting him.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
You didn't fail. God made humans knowing what the outcome of your life would be. It is the fault of God.
God presents you with free-will and choice. Therefore, yes, it is YOU that failed based on YOUR decisions.

It may seem easy to blame all of your mistakes on one thing but... highly illogical when you're the one at the wheel.

B

ball2012003

OP
Magmorph said:
[M said:
artin]
ball2012003 said:
blink.gif
So God made imperfect beings? If God was perfect every being he made would be perfect and unable to make mistakes.
God gives everyone free will to do whatever they want.
Its up to you to follow God.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
[M said:
artin]
ball2012003 said:
blink.gif

Makes sense.

QUOTE(ball2012003 @ Sep 11 2010, 05:18 PM) QUOTE(RoMee @ Sep 11 2010, 02:14 PM)
If you truely believe your god is real..... PROVE IT

copy and paste from the bible, it not proof
Did you just hear what you said "if you truly believe"
Thats what religion is "belief" its not about proof.
So it's about blindly accepting what biased people tell you?

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
[M said:
artin]
Magmorph said:
God presents you with free-will and choice. Therefore, yes, it is YOU that failed.

Free will is not possible if god is omniscient. If he isn't, then he's not much of a god.

See Calvinists.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

so god knew Hitler (who believe in god) was gonna killed thousands of people and he let it happened??
am I the only one who see there's something wrong here...or did the Jews deserve it??

PROVE YOUR GOD IS REAL

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
Magmorph said:
God presents you with free-will and choice. Therefore, yes, it is YOU that failed based on YOUR decisions.

It may seem easy to blame all of your mistakes on one thing but... highly illogical when you're the one at the wheel.
If I leave a brick out in the middle of the street and I know that the outcome of doing so will be a car accident is it not my fault for causing it?

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RoMee said:
QUOTE said:

so god knew Hitler (who believe in god) was gonna killed thousands of people and he let it happened??
am I the only one who see there's something wrong here...or did the Jews deserve it??

Some Christians I've talked to claim it was a necessary evil, it paved the way for the jews to return to Israel, which is one of the signs of the Apocalypse, yada yada yada.

D

Deleted User

OP
Magmorph said:
[M said:
artin]
Magmorph said:

If I leave a brick out in the middle of the street and I know that the outcome of doing so will be a car accident is it not my fault for causing it?
if you did it , yes , it is your fault

(my keyboard is broken )

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
RoMee said:

Hitlers religious views are widely disputed. By his term as Fuhrer he believed in a completely different God to the Judaic one.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Some Christians I've talked to claim it was a necessary evil, it paved the way for the jews to return to Israel, which is one of the signs of the Apocalypse, yada yada yada.

really?? so if god wanted to kill your family, kids, wife, etc..you'll just say "okay as long as it's god's plan"

I doubt you'll be saying what you just said if it was your family getting slaughter

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every argument for God that I've seen in this thread was nothing more than broken logic, quotes from a story book, and baseless accusations.
If this is the best that people have for the existence of God, than I have no interest in this thread any longer.

PS:
If Jet ever comes back from his cry-fest, tell him to change the poll back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?