Hacking Reliability of Cyclo ds evolution

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine when they first came out. Like within the first week, so I have a batch 1. And it's been fine. I've just gotten lucky.

But there has been tons with faulty ones. Hopefully they got this hardware problem fixed with this new batch. I would blame OzModChips for not carrying them anymore if this third batch is filled with faulty's too. And that's really cool of them to put a warning on their site.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
I ordered mine from OzModChips (so should everyone else) and should get it 2morrow, i hope it isn't a faulty one or DOA one, but oh well shit happens if it is. As someone said earlier Team Cyclo rule at the software part but suck balls at the hardware bit.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Mine works fine and dandy, got mine from consolesource, a bit pricy but it arrived fast.

Also, I dropped my Evo and it got stepped on. Still works 100% ^-^

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
Non stop, got 3 emails today, all saying the same thing. Here is one

QUOTE said:
Email: *****@optushome.com.au

------------------------------------------------------

Hi there, i am having a problem with a CycloDS Evolution cart i had
purchaced from you, everytime I put it in the slot and power up the DS, all
i get is "There is no DS Card inserted" when it is properly inserted.

Any fixes for this? Is the cart faulty?

Regards, S*****

---------------------------------

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Oh yeah you will get bombarded with emails like that, i bet those people didn't read the bit about it being DOA and the high percentage. So i take it you started to ship them out yesterday and today which mean i should get mine 2morrow.
smile.gif

pdbpdb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Had mine since October 15th and never had a problem.

Ordered 3 more, and after waiting ages for them to arrive one was faulty so I sent it back to Team Cyclops for a replacement.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed OzModChips have the warning on your website but I haven't heard any other chatter from vendors.

Well we gotta have a waring. It reflects poorly on a business if you wait 3 months to get a product, and then you get it, the dies after a day..........how annoying.

Vendors won't publicly give figures like we do - it kills off sales. Another australia supplier told me his rates way about 15% from the second batch.

The new r4 with the new case design at the greatest. We have sold over 2000 (we are wholesalers too, so don't think we those where all at full price!) and guess how many we have had back faulty? 1. Just 1. Brilliant.

New m3s have the spring, but its a different style of spring
We have sold heaps, and only 1 faulty as well.
How are the M3 DS Reals holding up? Or any of the other SDHC cards? (I've got an evo on the way, but I'm already looking for another backup, and another gba slot-2 compat cart to go with my 3in1. (Either an ewin, EZF IV Lite Deluxe, or another 3in1.)

[EDIT]
nm I saw that you had the failure rates listed in a chart of the M3 DS Real + Rumble + GBA/RAM pack combo page.

(They have the Evo listed at 5%, M3/R4DS at .2%, and the M3DS Real at 0% with the caveat that it is too new yet to have any useful statistics. Cyclops have GOT to get their manufacturer to get their shit together, as that has GOT to be the source of the problem. I wonder if that chip that sticks out of the case works loose or something because of crappy solder joints...)
[/EDIT]

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
New m3s have the spring, but its a different style of spring
We have sold heaps, and only 1 faulty as well.

That was regarding the new m3 reals
so 1 so far that had a screwed spring. Someone just emailed then, said they cant get it to recognise...but im not sure if he is just a noob or not until they send it back.
So that would be 2...out of well....lots
close to .5% failure rate

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ozmodchips
Thanks for the reply. If you were in NA, I'd make sure that the next time I bought something I'd buy from you, but as it stands for me, I'm not buying from anywhere otu of NA again unless I am planning to wait weeks. (Having a painfully slow delivery experience from an e-tailer in Europe.)

The spring in the M3 Reals still worries me though. I read one review, don't recall which ATM, that said the spring assembly looked exactly like their old bad one that, apparently, had a tendency to break, and apparently why R4 DS went to a springless design. (Only had a DS for about 2.5w so I've missed most of this past history stuff...)

The new Supercard DS ONE SDHC is making that card look fairly attractive now as well, and the initial M3 DS Real reports sound primising, but I'd be hesistant to buy one before it's been out for 6m with that spring.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Hehe, got my Cyclo DS today, and it's DOA
laugh.gif
. Oh well these things happen. Put it and just wouldn't show tried 3 different DS's. I'm going to send it back straight away.

@OzModChips, how are you doing for stock? I don't really want to wait till the next batch.

cribby08

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got one cyclods evolution from mod-chip today. It was working great for about half a day now sometimes my DS lite will not recognize it. I have tried in three different NDS lites and all the same thing.....sometimes it will recognize and sometimes it wont.

I guess I will have to return it. I feel a little let down by this product now.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you see Tyga's post on the official forums about a potential fix? Using a wedge of paper to force the pins into contact with the DS pins?

I'm beginning to kind of wonder whether the chip sticking out or low quality shells isn't the root cause of the faulty units if the paper wedge trick works for most people...

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here you go.

Apparently it's only a temporary fix and it stops working after a while.

I got my CycloDS from OzModChips, as did my friend and his brother. Mine's been working for a week with heavy usage, and my friends was working when they tested it today.

Ghaleon1982

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They aren't DOA exactly
they work for 1 day, and then they just don't recognize. So 'testing it' before it is sent out won't achieve anything.

If they don't fix it for the next batch, and the black cyclos....you will find people won't be stocking it anymore, including us.

Software is one thing, and they kick ass at that.
Hardware is another, and they fail at it.

Mine was DoA when I got it. Put it in and the DS saw the card. Turned it off, put some games on it. Put it back in and now the DS dose not see the Evo at all. (only took 10min)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ