Hacking [Released] Method For Dumping BootROM/boot0.bin/OTP Key for Wii U

Bluecrush204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the exploit/method to get the Espresso Wii U/vWii Ancast keys from the Wii U.​
A few people have asked why PS3 Hax was so heavily involved in the Wii U hacking scene. The reason is that the work has been continued by a dedicated PS3 hacker(at this point should just be known as hacker extraordinaire), who wishes to remain anonymous. He gave me these files to pass on and update the BootROM source. He hasn’t asked for a thing and would only like 1) to see the scene prosper and 2) because he was bored. We should all be thankful for his work, because without it, we wouldn’t be this far. The same debt of gratitude goes to Maxternal and f0f for their thankless contributions.​
Source Link​
*Removed* use google​

Homebrew is so close I can just smell it B-)

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please Do Not double/triple/quadruple post(believe me a quad has happened).
Also, I hope you saw GregoryRasputin quote from that thread
"I do want to say that if something is going to be released, you wait for the hackers permission to do so first, this wasn't actually a release it was a leak.
The person who is behind this was going to release it when it was ready, which would have been soon, leaks put people off working on sh*t, so have a little respect guys."
Source: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=73858&p=763797&viewfull=1#post763797

there is a leak here
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=73858

This is the exploit/method to get the Espresso Wii U/vWii Ancast keys from the Wii U. This method was leaked.
Crediar also made a similar statement
I can't believe how people handle this, the leaked files should be removed not celebrated.

Whomever leaked it did more wrong than good with this, the guy who created the exploit is now obviously very pissed that his stuff got leaked and probably won't share his further progress with anyone anytime soon.

So nice work fucktard who leaked it, you've cost us a lot maybe even Homebrew ...

Reactions: filfat

Bluecrush204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how have try the hack? the guide on ps3hax release a main.dol.. is already modded one?

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For this, the genie is already out of the bottle. That being said, what became of the honour in the scene? If you're given something in confidence to test, you test and report back, and don't leak anything.

In the future, devs should make tiny modifications, for instance a space before a ":" in a diagnostic message, two spaces, or no spaces. If you do a couple of these, you can track which version you give to whom, and you can easily identify the source of the leak (note: this won't work if they are smart and communicate with each other).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...since it's a leak, it's not exactly true that the community will prosper, but at least that guy won't be bored anymore.

Is there still anyone left wondering why team twiizers decided not to do anything hack-related to the wiiu? :(

Bluecrush204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the anonymous hacker contacted the guy who leaked it and apparently stated everything was cool between them soooo...... but I haven't heard any reason why team twiizwers didn't release anything

Bluecrush204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U homebrew is just a dying husk compared to what Wii homebrew used to be, in pretty much every way.

I wouldnt say that it's just taking time to build itself up. Once we can finally start making brew for it, it show flow like a dam which has just been blown up

Bluecrush204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So someone please tell me exactly what does this mean?. We can run ISO's etc.. USB Media on WiiU?

Not too much it covers the boot function for the wiiu portion of the system. The next big task would be getting the starbuck dumped and decrypted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small