ROM Hack [Release] Yo-kai Watch save data decrypter / encrypter

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Does anyone know where the regional offset for YW2 is? I want to change my save data from USA to EUR so I can change which region the game I'm playing is on.

Also, if anyone knows the offset for the version of the game as well, that'd be handy (unless it's hot-swappable like with Pokemon).

neko00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does anyone know where the regional offset for YW2 is? I want to change my save data from USA to EUR so I can change which region the game I'm playing is on.

Also, if anyone knows the offset for the version of the game as well, that'd be handy (unless it's hot-swappable like with Pokemon).
As far as I know, you should be able to swap the save data through JKSM with no problems.

Reactions: TankedThomas

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
As far as I know, you should be able to swap the save data through JKSM with no problems.
Ah, it hadn't worked the last time I tried it (for some reason - I don't know) but I just tried it after posting that the other day and it worked fine. I totally forgot to report back, though! But yes, region-swapping works without any modification.

aruna

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
so how do i use it on jksm? i thought all the save editor need .py?

edit nvm scratch that anyone know what to put in #1 and #2?
4747c808c685324ce0361450cecc678f.png

Last edited by aruna,

aruna

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
can anyone help me?

(noob question)

what is the "general #1 #2 option on the editor?

ok i got it
its whats your yokai list
but be wary the last yokai need to be +2

example my baddinyan is general 1# is 9
general 2# is 10

next yokai example happierre

general 1: 12
general 2: 14

it should be there w.o crashing the game

BayoSushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help, I've originally created my character for YKW2 as a boy and named Nate, i want to change it to a girl with my real name, Bayonetta, for Psychic Specters that's coming up. can someone help me edit my character so it's not nate anymore? I want to keep all my quests (I've done them all) and yokai (Almost 65% medallium)
any help would be appreciated, I'm not used to editing saves for games but it's all i can think

Reactions: YokaiwatchNicolas

Axlfox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So whenever I try to open the file in the editor now (0.4.3) it keeps popping up a (201) Error, why is that? (my game is already updated btw)

Axlfox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is how it looks like btw, now JKSM extracts 4 files instead of 2 after the update but all of them give me the same error
c4b9bf578a14dd7a248e4a71024e2cd4.png

ZanDan001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You have to install the DLC title 0004008C0019A900 somehow.
I managed to install that from nowhere so I can fight both legally after I add both items to my inventory or still applies the rule only one per version?

Extra ^_^
Is there a way to know if a yokai is Bony or Fleshy inside the editor?
I've been screwing the medalium by choosing wrong that

oniskin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello all :)
please all yo kai level 255 please
YO-KAI_WATCH_2__PSYCHIC SPECTER Region EUR
thx for all guy :)

Attachments

• 2.rar
    86.8 KB · Views: 228

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to...