ROM Hack [Release] Yo-kai Watch save data decrypter / encrypter

Rikko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello!
My console has a problem that restets its Clock, and this causes them not to leave me use the Crank-a-kai or the daily events. Is some way to remove this restriction with the Save editor? Thanks beforehand! :)

myuwables

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! I just started using the save editor for YW2. I noticed that before opening a save file, under the Medallium tab, you can edit the "Photo Taken" part of the Medallium. However, upon loading a save file, the option disappears leaving only "seen", "bony", and "fleshy" options. Any help? Thanks!

_Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There's a bug I came across when injecting yokai into the game. Since I don't have friends that play YKW I injected version exclusive yo-kai from BS and FS into my PS game. I injected Venoct and Kyubi and this filled the two seals for Poofessor however when I filled in the rest of the seals needed to unlock him I couldn't obtain the medal. The page is glowing and everything but pressing A gives the "There seems to be a secret to these 8 yo-kai message." I'm not sure how to fix this.

DarkRift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Remove "Python 3.5.1: " then it should work.

You don't have to launch python interpreter. Use cmd instead. And "ywb" is for Yo-kai Watch Busters, which is released only in Japan.

:huh:

Btw, I eventually made a simple save editor, which runs on PCs. It might not be "easy-to-use", but it has some basic functions, such as editing stats of Yo-kai and items. This app can also be used as a decryptor / encryptor. If you are not used to command line, then this is for you.

https://github.com/togenyan/Yo-kai_Editor_1/releases

screenshot:
LzMVDWb.png
How do you add items on this? I tried the sequence of the previous item but its not showing in the inventory. applied and saved it.

NAOS77

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hi, i need help with the editor of YW busters, because i dont see the medallium list for cheked my inyect yo kais
can help me please?

MapleBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi!
So I am facing a problem with yw3 editor. The stats level, Nickname and the ivs whenever I change them they return to normal. So can anyone help me with this

Twoshiv

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, is there any way to re-enable data transfer from Bony Spirits/Fleshy Souls to Psychic Specters? I don't have the extra data that is created when transferring data, and I can't generate it again because the save is marked as transferred already.
Thanks!

jellomonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble with Getto gumi specifically. I have been getting a;

ERROR: [decrypt] CCM authentication failed
Processing failed.

On every save file except for the game1.yw

I've pulled the saves with JKSM and checkpoint.

python .\yw_save.py --game ywb_getto --decrypt --head "E:\3ds\Checkpoint\saves\0x016C7 Yokai Watch Busters Aka\17-12-2017_10-07-35\head.yw" 'E:\3ds\Checkpoint\saves\0x016C7 Yokai Watch Busters Aka\17-12-2017_10-07-35\game2.yw' gw3.yw (This did not fail but the resulting file was not parsable by the editor.)

python .\yw_save.py --game "ywb_getto" --head "C:\Users\$\Desktop\aaa\head.yw" --decrypt 'C:\Users\$\Desktop\aaa\game1.yw' gw8.yw (This never fails)

python .\yw_save.py --game "ywb_getto" --head "C:\Users\$\Desktop\aaa\head.yw" --decrypt "C:\Users\$\Desktop\aaa\game2.yw" gw8.yw (This fails everytime)

I'm running this from a normal PS terminal.

The overall objective is to move a single save the 2nd one from a cart that has 2 saves.

Also the saves that I have dumped only have the progress up until the switch to getto gumi, only the akanekodan data.

Is there someway to get to that save data there is about 100 hours of playtime difference...

MaiconErick

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Getting this error when re-encrypting a yw3 savedata :(

python3 ./yw_save.py --game yw3 --head head.yw --encrypt game1_decrypted.yw game1_encrypted.yw

ERROR: [yw2_proc] Invalid savedata
Processing failed.

Decrypting works fine, 'Yokai Editor 3' recognizes the file, but can't re-encrypt the file edited by Yokai Editor 3 or the decrypted file by 'yw_save'.

I believe it should be an easy fix, because it's saying yw2 to my yw3 file.

My save is using the 4.0 update.

EDIT: Oh, does it really need to be re-encrypted?
YW2 Psychic Specters and YW3 Sukiyaki seems to work fine without being re-encrypted.
Besides, saving in-game again would encrypt them anyway, no?

Attachments

• yw3 save.7z
    116 KB · Views: 245
Last edited by MaiconErick,

Toshisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people that are using the Yo-kai Watch Busters 2 editor. Do not put anything in the nicknames area when adding Yo-kai or the game won't read them when you inject the save. (This is from someone who's using the editor currently). Hilariously you can give them whatever moves you want. (But if you just want to give them their default moves, use the default button.) The animation for their attacks won't change but the hit properties + the hit sparks will be the same as the attack you gave them. (I gave El Sharkrero Jibanyan's A attack, He still does the high kick but if you hit the A button 3 times, it'll do the triple hit that Jibanyan can do as an example.) Also, you'll have to edit the entry to the Medallium as well.

Last edited by Toshisama,

Axlfox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people that are using the Yo-kai Watch Busters 2 editor. Do not put anything in the nicknames area when adding Yo-kai or the game won't read them when you inject the save. (This is from someone who's using the editor currently). Hilariously you can give them whatever moves you want. (But if you just want to give them their default moves, use the default button.) The animation for their attacks won't change but the hit properties + the hit sparks will be the same as the attack you gave them. (I gave El Sharkrero Jibanyan's A attack, He still does the high kick but if you hit the A button 3 times, it'll do the triple hit that Jibanyan can do as an example.) Also, you'll have to edit the entry to the Medallium as well.

Actually, the issue is that some injected yokai wont appear in the game regardless if you gave them nicknames or not, and it may even erase some that you already own (it happened to me when trying to add a non-nicknamed Swelterrier and Eterna, not only they didnt appear in my savefile but it also made my Uber Geeko and Arachnevil dissapear into thin air) its more safe if you just replace yokai you dont need with the new ones.

The same issue happens to the items, replacing items seem just fine, but adding new ones on empty slots seem to make other stuff dissapear, like key items for example.

mujie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're using a CIA file, and you know where the .yw file is on your SD card, do you still need to inject the save?

mujie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I injected the save, but it sent me back earlier in the game...

Turns out it was because I was at an earlier save. I spent so long on it too...

Last edited by mujie,
  • Sad
Reactions: nobody_fear

Toshisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the issue is that some injected yokai wont appear in the game regardless if you gave them nicknames or not, and it may even erase some that you already own (it happened to me when trying to add a non-nicknamed Swelterrier and Eterna, not only they didnt appear in my savefile but it also made my Uber Geeko and Arachnevil dissapear into thin air) its more safe if you just replace yokai you dont need with the new ones.

The same issue happens to the items, replacing items seem just fine, but adding new ones on empty slots seem to make other stuff dissapear, like key items for example.

I didn't add in items. As far as the yokai you had disappearing, did you do the number conventions that yokai watch uses for the items and yokai? I'll do a test on the two yokai you tried to inject and see if weird things happen or not

Edit: It took me a couple of tries but I was able to get the two yokai that you mentioned to properly appear as new yokai (Not replacing old ones)

The steps are:
1. Selecting an empty slot
2. Selecting the Yokai you want from the drop down
3. Setting the level (Do not leave it at 0)
4. Click the Default button under the Technic dropdowns
5. Setting the IS_NEW and Special Flags
6. Clicking Auto-Number and hitting Yes
7. Clicking Update ID and hitting Yes
8. Clicking Fix IVs and hitting Yes
9. Hitting the update Yo-kai index button. Ignore the message it says as this is a necessary step (Also it's not Yokai Watch 3) and hit yes again.
10. Hit Apply so it saves the information (You have to do this before selecting another Yokai slot or going to another tab)
11. Go to the Yokai Medallium tab and check both the seen and befriended boxes for the yokai you're adding in.
12. Hit Apply here too.
13. Save and you're done.

I still haven't done anything with items yet but you probably have to follow the same conventions with items as yokai. The battle items in particular already have the #1s set so you probably just have to do the auto number for the item you're replacing or adding there.

Toshisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't add in items. As far as the yokai you had disappearing, did you do the number conventions that yokai watch uses for the items and yokai? I'll do a test on the two yokai you tried to inject and see if weird things happen or not

Edit: It took me a couple of tries but I was able to get the two yokai that you mentioned to properly appear as new yokai (Not replacing old ones)

The steps are:
1. Selecting an empty slot
2. Selecting the Yokai you want from the drop down
3. Setting the level (Do not leave it at 0)
4. Click the Default button under the Technic dropdowns
5. Setting the IS_NEW and Special Flags
6. Clicking Auto-Number and hitting Yes
7. Clicking Update ID and hitting Yes
8. Clicking Fix IVs and hitting Yes
9. Hitting the update Yo-kai index button. Ignore the message it says as this is a necessary step (Also it's not Yokai Watch 3) and hit yes again.
10. Hit Apply so it saves the information (You have to do this before selecting another Yokai slot or going to another tab)
11. Go to the Yokai Medallium tab and check both the seen and befriended boxes for the yokai you're adding in.
12. Hit Apply here too.
13. Save and you're done.

I still haven't done anything with items yet but you probably have to follow the same conventions with items as yokai. The battle items in particular already have the #1s set so you probably just have to do the auto number for the item you're replacing or adding there.

Ugh, it won't let me actually post the images.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1