ROM Hack [Release] Yo-kai Watch save data decrypter / encrypter

JamesTheGuy11037

Trophies
XP
Country
I keep tryin to use yw_save.py with my Yokai Watch 1 save got from SDVT.
I keep getting this error:
usage: yw_save.py [-h] <--decrypt ¦ --encrypt>
[--game {yw2.,ywb_getto,yw2x,ywb,yw] [--head HEAD]
input_file output_file
yw_save.py: error: the following arguments are required: input_file, output_file

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I keep tryin to use yw_save.py with my Yokai Watch 1 save got from SDVT.
I keep getting this error:
usage: yw_save.py [-h] <--decrypt ¦ --encrypt>
[--game {yw2.,ywb_getto,yw2x,ywb,yw] [--head HEAD]
input_file output_file
yw_save.py: error: the following arguments are required: input_file, output_file
You don't have to decrypt your savegame, scroll down the first post, there is a save game editor you can download which take care of that.

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to add Pandanoko!
Did you click the apply button in the Medallium tab?
As for Yo-kai, I recommend editing existing Yo-kai instead of creating new one because there are some unknown values (not shown in the Yo-kai tab).
as OP stated, have you tried adding it or editing an already catched Yokai ?
I've not tried adding yokai, just added items, so can't help you more than that.

GSFanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant decrypt/encript save on Windows with the commands written by togenyan.

You don't have to use the Python script if it is too troublesome (how to use -> https://github.com/togenyan/yw_save/blob/master/README.md); just dump the save and open it with any of the save editors, and re-save as decrypted (last option for save editors 2 and 3). To re-encrypt follow the same procedure but this time use the previous to last option when going to File. If it sounds complicated, just upload the save (all files) and I'll decrypt it for you. Although I'm not sure why you don't just use the editor themselves to edit the save as well as they all have a hex editing tool.

Last edited by GSFanatic,

xijet13

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cmcdianatausia.blogspot.com.es; mitologiasdelmundo.blogspot.com.es
XP
Country
You don't have to use the Python script if it is too troublesome (how to use -> https://github.com/togenyan/yw_save/blob/master/README.md); just dump the save and open it with any of the save editors, and re-save as decrypted (last option for save editors 2 and 3). To re-encrypt follow the same procedure but this time use the previous to last option when going to File. If it sounds complicated, just upload the save (all files) and I'll decrypt it for you. Although I'm not sure why you don't just use the editor themselves to edit the save as well as they all have a hex editing tool.
I have the save editor and .sav, but as you know, the editor works with a specific format and I don't know how to transform .sav to .yw
If you or someone provides me the tools and instructions, I'll do it myself.

GSFanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

xijet13

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cmcdianatausia.blogspot.com.es; mitologiasdelmundo.blogspot.com.es
XP
Country

GSFanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I don't have Gateway, exploit or whatever. I only have Sky3ds.
So, is there any method to decrypt/encrypt from pc?

Sadly, there is not much else I can do to help you then. I don't know of a tool that does exactly what you want without some workaround. :/

Mariosl10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please!!! Explain to me how to use this. I can't even run the exe! But I think I can but I can't trust it (I regret updating to windows 10)

GSFanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please!!! Explain to me how to use this. I can't even run the exe! But I think I can but I can't trust it (I regret updating to windows 10)

There is no reason to fret over it as this is code in the public domain (meaning everyone can see how it works), so someone would have already reported (including myself) if any dangerous code was included. And yes, it does (no reason not to) work on Win10 as I've tried it myself.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks so much for this, Togenyan. It's excellent.

I do have a request, however: would it be possible to modify values for which Yo-kai Cam daily rewards have been done? I'd preferably like to be able to claim the rewards too, but it's just frustrating trying to get things like Daiz or Espy which people don't seem to have working photos for, and not ever being able to complete the Yo-kai Cam rewards.

I'd also love to have the ability to modify Yo-kai attitudes or at least reset the flag for whether or not they've had "A Serious Life" (loaf less) used on them.

Oh, and being able to edit what is at Wayfarer Manor would be really nice, but I have a feeling that would require editing Streetpass data, which would require more than just editing the Yo-kai Watch save.

Last edited by TankedThomas,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone