ROM Hack [Release] Yo-kai Watch save data decrypter / encrypter

drag0nscythe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update for translation support. I plan to just run all the text through google translate. I like the transliteration of the text over the English translation. I will see if I can add some english to this program

wownmnpare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. when i try to run the yokai editor 1. it say that "MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reistalling the program to fix the problem"

C02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i open the program yokai editor 1 it says all these system files are missing but i have them all. please help

drag0nscythe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can find the MSVCP120.dll in the Visual C++ file Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 released by Microsoft.

Only way I really know of finding it

togenyan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to install Visual C++ 2013 redistributable package.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
choose vcredist_x86.exe.

Currently no save editor for shinnuchi is available. Use yw_save instead.
It is not hard to make a save editor because savedata processing of shinnuchi is very similar to one of Busters (shinnuchi is a bit simpler). I'll try it before long.

As I said before, You have to install Visual C++ 2013 redistributable package to run my editors.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thank you very much for your software!

I want to spread YOKAI WATCH culture, so that more people understand. So I have to translate it.

But I have encountered difficulties, unable to ROM (yw1_a.fa) and the picture to carry on decrypter / encrypter.

So can you help me?

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Are the yokai data encrypted ?

Cause back in time I tried to edit stuff through AR codes injections, but I couldn't find anything related to the yokai "monsters", their stats, lvl, held items, not even their nicknames or name in the fcram...

And after many (succesfull) experimentations I have decided to inject back a clean save with SaveDataFiler, but for some reason the game told the save was corrupted or something like that... So I lost everything and can't inject the save back.

I want to spread YOKAI WATCH culture, so that more people understand. So I have to translate it.

But I have encountered difficulties, unable to ROM (yw1_a.fa) and the picture to carry on decrypter / encrypter.

So can you help me?

Not sure if I understood correctly but you're trying to edit the rom of the game (to translate the dialogs etc), that's correct ?

Last edited by MasterLel,

togenyan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

So can you help me?
Level-5 3DS Archive Tool will help you extract the yw1_a.fa file.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-level-5-3ds-archive-tool.371116/
AFAIK there's no way to update the contents of the archive.

Are the yokai data encrypted ?

Cause back in time I tried to edit stuff through AR codes injections, but I couldn't find anything related to the yokai "monsters", their stats, lvl, held items, not even their nicknames or name in the fcram...

And after many (succesfull) experimentations I have decided to inject back a clean save with SaveDataFiler, but for some reason the game told the save was corrupted or something like that... So I lost everything and can't inject the save back.

Not sure if I understood correctly but you're trying to edit the rom of the game (to translate the dialogs etc), that's correct ?

Yo-kai data in the RAM are not encrypted.
As for save data injecting, clearing current save data before injecting might solve your problem. I'm not sure though.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
hello! I know the tool that you said. But it can only extract , can not be pack (and the picture is not valid).

ROM (yw1_a.fa) is very interesting, the developer only to pack it, did not compress it. Even without the ROM decryption, I can also use Japanese font to translate it.(all dialogue is plaintext).

But I would like to modify the picture, so that the volume will increase. So be sure to ROM (yw1_a.fa) for decryption and encryption.

Our group is a very love of the yokai watch players, want to make it more localized to let more people know it.

But because of technical reasons, many people seek help, but can not solve.

(PS:our latest achievement picture )

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jH7lL58

psb

Last edited by 7786435,

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Yo-kai data in the RAM are not encrypted.

No way, I've searched for hours, even manually, looking for なまはげ or its equivalence in hexadecimal 6A30 7E30 6F30 5230, no results. Couldn't find any yokai's nickname.
I could edit my inventory without any problem by the way... so that's weird. I've been doing ram edits for ages, so I know what I'm doing, just can't find the yokai data. :unsure:

As for save data injecting, clearing current save data before injecting might solve your problem. I'm not sure though.

I'll keep that in mind. Can't try now because i've deleted the game from my 3ds.

togenyan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No way, I've searched for hours, even manually, looking for なまはげ or its equivalence in hexadecimal 6A30 7E30 6F30 5230, no results. Couldn't find any yokai's nickname.
I could edit my inventory without any problem by the way... so that's weird. I've been doing ram edits for ages, so I know what I'm doing, just can't find the yokai data. :unsure:

I'll keep that in mind. Can't try now because i've deleted the game from my 3ds.

Yo-kai Watch (JP) uses Shift_JIS (more accurately cp932) as internal string encoding, so なまはげ should be 82 C8 82 DC 82 CD 82 B0.
(6A30 7E30 6F30 5230 is なまはげ in UTF-16LE)

Note other region version games use UTF-8. Only JP game uses Shift_JIS.

Reactions: Azel and MasterLel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also like to know this.
I third this. I added items but I don't know what the #1 and #2 values mean. When I load up the save, the items appear but they appear at the very beginning of the inventory, do not have a description window on the top screen, nor do they have quantity numbers attached to them. I cannot "use" them with the A button either. They're glitched in.

Edit: ok running a few tests and observations. NOT SURE YET DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.

I THINK value #1 determines an item's absolute position in the inventory. This game doesn't have a sort system like most RPGs. Each item in the game has a specific inventory position. If you haven't gotten the item before, you need to figure out which position the item would naturally be in.

For instance, the #1 value of "Green Cicada" is 1. It is the first item.

I THINK value #2 is determined by item acquisition by the player, a number exclusive to that save file. For instance, the first item in the game received by the player is the Bug Net, which the #2 value of 1. The first general item I received was a Green Cicada, which has a #2 value of 1 because it was the first item I, as the player, ever attained.

Last edited by Pluupy,
Reactions: Azel

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I third this. I added items but I don't know what the #1 and #2 values mean. When I load up the save, the items appear but they appear at the very beginning of the inventory, do not have a description window on the top screen, nor do they have quantity numbers attached to them. I cannot "use" them with the A button either. They're glitched in.

you need to continue the count previous items have. for example for a purple coin #1 is 12 and #2 is 14, just add a new item, let's say a green coin, so it's numbers will be #1 14 & #2 16 and so on. That how it was on my save and it worked like a charm.

Reactions: Pluupy

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to continue the count previous items have. for example for a purple coin #1 is 12 and #2 is 14, just add a new item, let's say a green coin, so it's numbers will be #1 14 & #2 16 and so on. That how it was on my save and it worked like a charm.
Hey this worked! The items became usable when I followed the pattern! Here's hoping this doesn't create any weird side effects.

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey this worked! The items became usable when I followed the pattern! Here's hoping this doesn't create any weird side effects.

My save is fine, I also gave myself a Pandanoko. Changing a Bloominoko for Pandanoko and his stats are fine and everything.

DesperadoV3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to modify your medallium?
i used an ntr cfw plugin and tried to use a Complete Medallium hack, but like half of them had question marks for all their info(their medal icon is still in the book though)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...