ROM Hack [Release] Yet Another Theme Application PLUS (YATA+ ,3ds theme editor)

MoonUsotsuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey man, great app you make! I've just created my first custom theme! But I have a little request...
Could you make the flag section scrollable?
I have and old laptop, and the screen is not big enough to fit all the flags in it and i had a terrible time getting the "enable use bgm" option.
Anyway, Thanks!

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm going to ask a ridiculous noobish question:

When using YATA+, when I try to save changes, instead of saving those changes it creates a dec_body_LZ.bin file that's about twice the size of the original (unaltered) file and that can't itself be opened with YATA+. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by regnad,

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm going to ask a ridiculous noobish question:

When using YATA+, when I try to save changes, instead of saving those changes it creates a dec_body_LZ.bin file that's about twice the size of the original (unaltered) file and that can't itself be opened with YATA+. What am I doing wrong?

The dec_ file is temporary, theme files are compressed, to edit them we must decompress them first, the decompressed file is saved as dec_themename.bin and can be edited.
When saving, it is saved first as new_dec_themename.bin and then compressed and saved as themename.bin , then the temporary files are deleted.
So your changes are saved in the theme file, the dec_ file is deleted when you close yata

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The dec_ file is temporary, theme files are compressed, to edit them we must decompress them first, the decompressed file is saved as dec_themename.bin and can be edited.
When saving, it is saved first as new_dec_themename.bin and then compressed and saved as themename.bin , then the temporary files are deleted.
So your changes are saved in the theme file, the dec_ file is deleted when you close yata

Thank you!

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@exelix11 Could you add support for the 5 base color themes?

I extracted the body LZ from RomFS, and I want try to do something with it.
BaseColorThemes.rar
Those should be already supported, let me check

Edit: nope, i forgot a check and they don't load properly, now they are working, tomorrow morning i'll push the update to github

Last edited by exelix11,
Reactions: Asia81

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem before, but whenever I try to convert waw --> cwaw, YATA+ just crashes straight away and dosen't convert the sfx I'm trying to use in my theme

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem before, but whenever I try to convert waw --> cwaw, YATA+ just crashes straight away and dosen't convert the sfx I'm trying to use in my theme
Use the editor Usagi themes.
I was having this same problem I stopped using the Yata.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are having trouble creating the right bcwav files. The Usagi has an excellent converter.

I'm so confused...
I thought you needed to convert a waw into a cwaw so that you can use it for sfx right?
Also, Usagi doesn't have a converter? Unless I am blind and have 1:1 vision, all I see is cwaw manager

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Posghetti

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jordan brathwaite

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
guys i need some help.. YALA is being a real pain and i dont understand why it wont take my pictures...can someone please give me the tutorial on how to use it from scratch..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!