Homebrew Official [RELEASE] WUP Installer GX2 RPX Channel

beere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great Tool! Only one little bug for me. I always get <error 199-9999> as long as my harddrive is connected / powered on.
It makes no difference what kind of sigpatch (hatchi / mocca /sigpatcher /custom firmware). The only solution is to turn off harddrive...
Then the installation works like a charm...
Somebody else get this error ?

... update:

Found a solution: After putting the installed <WUP Installer GX2 Channel> to usb, it starts !!!

Last edited by beere,

beere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Jojse : My solution is to install the channel first, with powered off hardrive. Once it is installed, i go to the systemsettings
and push the channel on the usb drive. Now i can start it from the Systemmenue without any problems. After that, the prog
runs fine and installs any software to nand or usb like a charm. It only has to be installed on usb itself (for me)...

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess apparently there are some problems if this is installed to NAND, and only seems to work from USB. It may be the Title ID. If people change the Title ID to test and see if it then works from NAND, I could create another version to install to NAND, which I don't really recommend. Does this only not work from NAND if you have a USB connected? Because if that's the case, and you have USB connected, then install it to USB. :P

I would test, but honestly, unless it was a matter of the app not actually installing titles, I am not in a rush to fix this, I am busy with some other projects now.

Any screen shots to show it off @brienj ?
No, not yet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by brienj,
Reactions: KiiWii

beere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ brienj : Yes - if there is no USB connected, it works from NAND, but with USB connected it doesn´t ...
So i install it to USB and everything is OK for me. Thank you for this great channel!!!

Reactions: brienj

brienj

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
@ brienj : Yes - if there is no USB connected, it works from NAND, but with USB connected it doesn´t ...
So i install it to USB and everything is OK for me. Thank you for this great channel!!!
That's what I thought was the issue, because I had a few other things I installed which has the same error, but if you use USB, I recommend you just install to USB anyway. :P

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think at first we need a solution for the kernel exploit. Maybe it can get interegrated directly into mocha?
It would be kinda bad to include the kernel exploit in every single app that uses it. And I don't know how well these apps will be work in background when started from a own channel (using the current implementation that relies on the HBL). At least combinations of these program will causes some troubles. (patching already patched functions and stuff.)
Hmmm good point.
Either way, id love to have it.

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
@ Jojse : My solution is to install the channel first, with powered off hardrive. Once it is installed, i go to the systemsettings
and push the channel on the usb drive. Now i can start it from the Systemmenue without any problems. After that, the prog
runs fine and installs any software to nand or usb like a charm. It only has to be installed on usb itself (for me)...
Thanks for the tip, It works great now...

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It works normal thx for the Version but would it ne possible to use buttons instead of the touchscreen in gui? I really don't like using touchscreen for selecting them and to choose where I want to install iz to

brienj

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It works normal thx for the Version but would it ne possible to use buttons instead of the touchscreen in gui? I really don't like using touchscreen for selecting them and to choose where I want to install iz to
You can use the + button to select them all, but maybe I can add this to it.

D

Deleted User

Nice! Is it just me or GX2 version crashes way too often? [DSI expection occurred]
Otherwise, thanks for the channel version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1