Hacking [RELEASE] Vita Manager

RazorX2014

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
new update added which fixes a tooltip i forgot to change as well as add an update checker and the ability to launch this thread from the program (see current features for more info)

geekboy1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as no one is giving you comments? I'll give some feed back.

Program works rather well for listing my VPK's and my maidump games WHEN they are in your folder structure. NBD. Your code seems to have some issues accessing fields before content can be generated. I get quite a few errors where you are hard coding what you expect in folders. You should be checking for the existence of a game dump instead of assuming its 1 per directory. I think there was more. I will reply again when I get a chance to peek again. What language are you doing this in? I might be willing to help if you get the code up somewhere. Been looking for a manager for my maidump games for a bit

RazorX2014

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seeing as no one is giving you comments? I'll give some feed back.

Program works rather well for listing my VPK's and my maidump games WHEN they are in your folder structure. NBD. Your code seems to have some issues accessing fields before content can be generated. I get quite a few errors where you are hard coding what you expect in folders. You should be checking for the existence of a game dump instead of assuming its 1 per directory. I think there was more. I will reply again when I get a chance to peek again. What language are you doing this in? I might be willing to help if you get the code up somewhere. Been looking for a manager for my maidump games for a bit

i dont really have any maidumps so could you be more specific about what is happening but i will certainly look into it and fix it as soon as possible

geekboy1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can try once I have finished dinner. Though again im willing to help code depending on the language ^^ Just throw it up on github I'll throw you some pull requests.

Last edited by geekboy1011,

RazorX2014

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can try I have finished dinner. Though again im willing to help code depending on the language ^^ Just throw it up on github I'll throw you some pull requests.

i have just stuck a bunch of game folders in the MaiDumpTool folder and they work fine but i have spotted a bit of code that doesnt need to be there but im not sure if it was giving you an error but i will upload it with the code removed anyway.
i should also say when extracting the latest version be sure you extract the dll and the tmp folder too because the tmp folder includes the winscp.exe which is needed as well as the dll for ftping the files to your vita.

Edit:
updated program

Last edited by RazorX2014,

geekboy1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm Looked a little harder it has todo with my folder structure. So it seems its mostly a issue with how I store my files. So a few changes I would want to see is have the list show the game title instead of the folder name. SO todo that you would just have to recursively search folders for game dumps and then populate it that way instead of just assuming each folder in the root of the MaiDumpTool folder is a single game. I have a few dumps that are stored like my dump of borderlands.
zkRnIcf.png

Which throws an error because you expect the game to not be in a sub folder. So it says it can not find param.sfo (which its right it can not!). The other problem is then _addc folder for mai stored individual DLC under their own sub folders after that.

Other then that it seems to work well for listing things that have the expected folder structure! No space on my VITA to try to send any games yet so I will report back on that eventually!

RazorX2014

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm Looked a little harder it has todo with my folder structure. So it seems its mostly a issue with how I store my files. So a few changes I would want to see is have the list show the game title instead of the folder name. SO todo that you would just have to recursively search folders for game dumps and then populate it that way instead of just assuming each folder in the root of the MaiDumpTool folder is a single game. I have a few dumps that are stored like my dump of borderlands.
zkRnIcf.png

Which throws an error because you expect the game to not be in a sub folder. So it says it can not find param.sfo (which its right it can not!). The other problem is then _addc folder for mai stored individual DLC under their own sub folders after that.

Other then that it seems to work well for listing things that have the expected folder structure! No space on my VITA to try to send any games yet so I will report back on that eventually!
i didnt account for someone to do that :) i will see what i can do but for now i would recommend just putting the folders directly into the maidumptool folder then it should be fine after all the program will show the game details anyway so there is no need to have a borderlands folder then that content inside, just put it all in the maidumptool folder but i will see what i can do.

geekboy1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thats why we test things! That being said that will work okish for the game and the patch but not the addc folder, but your the one writing it! the only other thing i really reccomend is doing GameTitle(ID) in the list and putting the folder information over to the side instead of naming the list based on the folder. Makes properly named maidumps hard to identify! Anything else I notice I'll pass it on.

RazorX2014

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey thats why we test things! That being said that will work okish for the game and the patch but not the addc folder, but your the one writing it! the only other thing i really reccomend is doing GameTitle(ID) in the list and putting the folder information over to the side instead of naming the list based on the folder. Makes properly named maidumps hard to identify! Anything else I notice I'll pass it on.
i dont have anything with an _addc folder whats in it?

RazorX2014

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Will this work for PS TV as well?
im guessing you mean as far as the ftp transfer is conserned, i guess it shouldnt be an issue

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@geekboy1011
i have got the subdirectory part working now all i need is you to tell me what exactly is in the _addc folder and where it goes on the vita so i can be sure to do it right thanks

Reactions: tomtensfarfar

geekboy1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@geekboy1011
i have got the subdirectory part working now all i need is you to tell me what exactly is in the _addc folder and where it goes on the vita so i can be sure to do it right thanks

Are you installing things for MAI or are you just transferring them for the user to install them via mai? If the latter the ID_addc goes in uxo:mai/ for the former I have no clue.

The contents of the ID_addc folder is more folders that contain the same structure as a game. Typically its just an SCE_DAT folder with a param.sfo and what ever content the DLC needs.
TZ7jzsa.png

opm4QJa.png

This one happens to have an icon0.png not all of them do.

tomtensfarfar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im guessing you mean as far as the ftp transfer is conserned, i guess it shouldnt be an issue

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@geekboy1011
Cheers. Will look into this once I get my hack working.

RazorX2014

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you installing things for MAI or are you just transferring them for the user to install them via mai? If the latter the ID_addc goes in uxo:mai/ for the former I have no clue.

The contents of the ID_addc folder is more folders that contain the same structure as a game. Typically its just an SCE_DAT folder with a param.sfo and what ever content the DLC needs.
TZ7jzsa.png

opm4QJa.png

This one happens to have an icon0.png not all of them do.
ok so i will just tell it to list it and if it contains _addc in the name dont try to search for a param or icon0 hows that sound.

also can you confirm that it means you want the _addc folder to still be sent to the Mai folder

geekboy1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good to me. And correct! Only other thing on my "major" list. Is listing games by Game name instead of folder name ^^

Alternatively maybe you should be caching icons by id? and then just re display that? Feature suggestion for another day ^^.

RazorX2014

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds good to me. And correct! Only other thing on my "major" list. Is listing games by Game name instead of folder name ^^

Alternatively maybe you should be caching icons by id? and then just re display that? Feature suggestion for another day ^^.
let me know if the latest version sorts out your issues thanks.
also if you have any covers to share like this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26776287/VITACOVERS/PCSA00007.jpg and named titleid.jpg im currently working on getting enough to set my program to look at my collection first so you have proper covers.

RazorX2014

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

hey @geekboy1011 let me know if my changes have worked for you, thanks.

Reactions: satan89

RazorX2014

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
added a simple ftp browser for viewing or deleting your files (doesn't support folders atm), it will only show the files available in the directory you have set in the settings menu.
00:02 - 28/10/2016

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE