1. TurdPooCharger

United States
    No uploading the rom. That's against forum rules. Just supply the rom's name, region, etc. and it CRC32 hash.

2. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    oh, right. I'm not sure how to find out it's region besides the filename in case i didn't remove it from it. Oh well.

3. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Install 7-Zip archiver, right mouse click on the NES rom, choose CRC SHA, and post what's the CRC-32 hash and game title along with the savestate file before the crash.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Psycho!

Austria
    The savestates should be in the same folder where your rom is.

5. placebo_yue

Argentina
    i'll get on it tomorrow since you guys bothered enough to reply and help me

6. AleronIves

AleronIves Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Am I correct that save files are not supported? Kirby's Adventure runs well, but it doesn't seem to save. It appears that I can use save states and the reset option to check my completion percentage if saving isn't implemented, at least.

7. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    Which version of the Emulator are you currently using? I tried completing the first stage of the first level. I completely shut my 3ds down. And when I loaded the game, it had the save file intact for the first stage done.

8. AleronIves

AleronIves Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm using the 3DSX of version 1.02. Whenever I complete the first stage and exit the emulator, all 3 save slots are empty again.

9. placebo_yue

Argentina
    well i clearly forgot about all this, but i found that quickNES retroarch core can emulate past that point so it's a problem with this emulator. I opened an issue on github hopefully someone sees that

10. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    Curious. Is there anyway to reset or disable rapid button fire? It seems for my game I have. The Tengen version Tetris. Even with rapid fire set to 0. it still seems to have rapid fire on slowly, which is making my game kinda hellish when it twists pieces in places I dont want to set them as.

11. dendva

dendva Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a way to make custom resolution for nes games? Current variants on VirtuaNES just not satisfy me - pixel perfect is too cramped for my liking, and 4:3 too stretch and blurry. I have some VC games, ant it's resolution is perfect middle ground, but sadly interface of VC is pretty bad. Is there a way to do this resolution on VirtuaNES, like on GameYOB for GB games, or maybe modify it myself?

12. MarioKartFan

MarioKartFan GBAtemp Regular

Algeria
    If on a New3Ds or 2DS XL just use retroarch and fceumm Then you can define resolution as you see fit and also get much more accurate sound than quicknes.

13. dendva

dendva Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    No, i have old 3DS. No hope here?

14. Zense

Zense GBARunner2 config: Touch the touchscreen + press R

Italy
    I can't see why the o3ds would be able to emulate nes through retroarch, especially with the latest advancements made.

15. placebo_yue

Argentina
    I can confirm that the NES retrorch cores work just fine on O3DS. I've downloaded those a couple months ago, so i dunno about the latest updates, but what i downloaded runs flawlessly. Make sure to check the threads about compatible cores because only a few of those do work on O3DS. I think "quickNES" is the one i kept, the only viable one.

Zense likes this.
  16. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    Yeah, quickNES always has been the most compatible Retroarch NES core for OLD models, but also it's the less performance/accuracy NES core too (and perharps, I could say VirtualNES is much better than quickNES in many aspects).

kenseiden likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], VirtuaNES,