Hacking RELEASE: v4.2 Safe Firmware Updater

ashujaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to inform that everythink was OK with me. I successfully updated from 3.1U to 4.2U.

But i still get the Update notification from nintendo? am I missing something?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
ashujaku said:
I just want to inform that everythink was OK with me. I successfully updated from 3.1U to 4.2U.

But i still get the Update notification from nintendo? am I missing something?

I think that update notification is an update to The Nintendo Channel

ashujaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, first i recomend upgrading your modchip if you have any. Mine is WASABI and i upgraded to v3.0 (but not nesessary)

I just run that file 4.2 safe update...It didn't change anything
be sure that you have installed ios 249 222 and 223 . which are nessesary for usb loaders.
I checked them with SIGCHECK (app which you can download from Homebrew browser)

...if you have this:

1. Bootmii as boot2 (with NAND BACKUP already done) with the latest Homebrowser
2. cios38rev16 (latest) (249) and cios 222 (4) or 223
3. Usb LOADERS gx , configurable usb loader , uloader (all working and all latest)
4. wirelless connection

be free to upgrade with this method. Be sure to have uninterable POWER and good wirelless connection.
I have to warn you that going from 3.1U to 4.2U lasted for more then 40min. So find a time when nobody makes you more nervous than you would be with this upgrade.

The only think that i did afterward 4.2 was to reinstall IOS70 which is used by system meny 4.2

you install that with DOP-IOS v8...just go ahead and select IOS70 press A and again A to trucha sign. And you are done. This enables you to transfer wiiware from SD to CHANNEL and vice versa

(and of course I did BOOTMII backup of new 4.2 NAND) in case i screwup something in future.

Everything remains unchanged for me...(as for people with preloader and startpatch...you need to google it since i didnt use them at all).

Need help with updated channels

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr. Clipper said:
New games will still ask to update even though you are at 4.2. They do not update the firmware, they only check that the IOS they need to run (typically IOS55) is present. If the disc is from your region, let the update run once and you will see that it won't affect anything on your Wii.
I did A LOT of reading the last couple of days and have learnt a lot, but don't quite get everything yet completely, so forgive me if this is a stupid question
wink.gif

Should I interpretet this as that I can just install any retail disc update without it effecting the mod chip/softmod functionalities?
It's only Wii firmware/system menu updates that can prevent hacks from working?

Nickoten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried using this updater and everything seemed to go just fine. It downloaded and installed and everything. But then it sent me back to the Homebrew Channel menu, which I thought was odd since I thought it would need to be rebooted. I go back to the Wii system menu and it still says 3.2U. What's up with that? Do I need to run the update again?

peepoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nickoten said:
So I tried using this updater and everything seemed to go just fine. It downloaded and installed and everything. But then it sent me back to the Homebrew Channel menu, which I thought was odd since I thought it would need to be rebooted. I go back to the Wii system menu and it still says 3.2U. What's up with that? Do I need to run the update again?

Run it again.

This happened to me a few times. Before it returned to the system menu it would error out with some kind of HTTP error. It flashed up on the screen really quickly before restarting so I couldn't really see the exact error.

Just run it as many times as you need to until it works.

Nickoten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I'm running this just to play Pokemon Rumble, which I think requires it. I don't suppose there's an easier way to get that running?

chicano323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i have a question on this.

I updated my wii lu64 from 4.0 to 4.2 everything works its just my mario kart back up does not. my other back ups do work though even for the newer games. i have a wii key 2 and i updated it also but yeah no success. I did try loading my mario kart through the gecko and it loaded the game but in black and white (also prety fuzzy). when im at the main menu on the wii the MK game never loads up its image. and when i go in to the disc menu it says "Unable to read disk"

oh and HBC along with the other apps like emulaters work i also already did patched ios36 and no luck (i never patched ios70 since the info says thats only required for loading through sd cards and moving channels witch i dont do)

i know i gave alot of info but ive been reading and many complain that not enough info is given so i gave anything i could think of
wink.gif

chicano323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just an update on my situation...

Ive looked around and noticed people mention the region patcher being dissabled from the chips on 4.2 so i got me a ntsc version of mario kart. now in the disc channel it shows the game i can go in MK but it goes into a black screen after about a minute saying the disc can not be read.

any advice people?this is really sucking
frown.gif
ima gonna check on the wiikey2 settings to see if anything changes

UPDATE* disabled the region option since i cant use it and still same results it cant read the game after a minute

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Lol