ROM Hack [Release/USUM] Pokémon Star - A Fully-featured Pokémon Sun and Moon Sequel Mod

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today Citra got some huge improvements! So more PCs can run the rom hack (even with Integrated Graphics). My desktop with HD 4400 Integrated Graphics and 4 GB of ram can run USUM at full speed. (Even at x2 graphics). But be warned Integrated Graphics has some graphical glitches. On another note the Photo Club glitch should no longer happen

Link?

Ishtiaq1234

What exactly should i write here?
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Final update

I just set up citra and loaded pokemon star and started streaming to 3ds

It works

The first think you will notice it only the top screen of the 3ds is used so probably best to use the p.c/laptop screen to to watch since more blown out but that does meant the 3ds is completely useless.

After you start the stream with pinbox go to the citra window. Click emulation, click configure, click input. This will bring up the control options. Thanx to pinbox the pc already thinks your 3ds is a controller. So just click so though the options 1 at a time press and hold the appropriate button untill the computer receives the command and you will be able to use the 3ds as a controller just like you playing ultra moon or ultra sun only looking at a monitor rather than the 3ds screen

Hey it one step closer to a full pokemon stars experience on 3ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OP?
im asking the creator of the post to put your post into the original post. that way people who want to play on there 3ds actually can.. though it may not be ideal for some but you get what you get...

Reactions: hassan ali

hassan ali

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't find a version of citra that I really find useable

The citra nightly: game freezes for me before I even enter my name

Citrapkmnspeedv7: game only has 1 viewable option (with both screens side by side, I prefare top screen on top)

Citra hacked thunderbird: no sound

Citra canary : major colour distortion (could barely even make out what I was doing) and like nightly, crashed just before I could enter my name

2017 special citra 31 december version: the sound (and im assuming the entire rom) was speed up x2 witch was pretty annoying to listen too

Citra unofficial windows master: worked perfect but i couldn't use my 3ds as a controller for this version for some reason

Citra bleeding egde just didn't work at all.

Couldn't find any more versions of citra. What is everyone else using?

Last edited by hassan ali,
Reactions: Tower

Ishtiaq1234

What exactly should i write here?
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Citrapkmnspeedv7: game only has 1 viewable option (with both screens side by side, I prefare top screen on top)

Citra canary : major colour distortion (could barely even make out what I was doing) and like nightly, crashed just before I could enter my name

2017 special citra 31 december version: the sound (and im assuming the entire rom) was speed up x2 witch was pretty annoying to listen too

Citra unofficial windows master: worked perfect but i couldn't use my 3ds as a controller for this version for some reason

canary has colour distortion... i swear i use it and i have no issues with it..

Tower

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

try this version is the best :)

hassan ali

Trophies
XP
Country
canary has colour distortion... i swear i use it and i have no issues with it..

I sent screenshots tomorrow (im in bed just about ready to sleep now)

I the worst version out of all the ones iv listed that I tryed (at least on my p.c)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

try this version is the best :)

The link in the video leads to the official website. That covers nightly and canary. Those didn't work for me :(

hassan ali

Trophies
XP
Country

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    20.1 KB · Views: 375
  • $RMVTIHJ.png
    $RMVTIHJ.png
    17 KB · Views: 336
  • $RL0I45E.png
    $RL0I45E.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    33.2 KB · Views: 349

Martmists

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all; This is amazing holy shit.

Secondly, what tools did you use for this? I've been trying to get into Pokemon ROM hacking for a while, but can't seem to find the right tools for 3ds hacking. pk3ds manages to return invalid romfs/exefs, and there aren't any other tools that run on Linux (even pk3ds had to be run under wine). What tools and guides did you use while making this?

Tower

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Greetings. UPDATE v0.2 here.

Update V0.2 marks the point that
1) All mandatory main story cutscenes have the proper dialogues, albeit probably with minor grammatical mistakes (English only of course)
2) No more crashes during the main story battles, hopefully! (except for the ones that occur on certain Citra builds - Alola Photo Club and entering Hall of Fame)
3) All Pokemon can properly evolve as intended

CHANGELOGS:
POKEMON
-Added Alolan Misdreavus and Mismagius (Ghost/Normal) Abilities: Pressure/Prankster/HA Levitate
Note1: Misdreavus and Mismagius learn slightly different moves.
Note2: Only catchable at Hauoli Cemetery, Memorial Hill and Abandoned Mart.
-Furfrou Star Trim is a Dragon type
-Furfrou Star Trim has better stats and movesets
(Has been this way since version v0.1, not mentioned because I'm an idiot)
-Furfrou Star Trim, Turtonatur and Golisopod now have special shiny version
-Silvally Type: Dark now has Ultra Arceus model and texture. Cant apply animation for whatever reason.
-Silvally Type: Fairy now has Type: Lollie texture
-Comfey retexture added.
-Fixed Finneon (Darwin) and Tentaquil texture.
-Fixed the Therians' stat reductions not properly applied.
-The Egg you receive at Paniola Ranch now hatches into a Cobalion
-Cobalion stats reduced
-Togepi, Spritzee, Swirlix and Shiinotic lines now have Misty Surge as abilities

TRAINERS
-Fixed some trainers having Pokemon not meant for them (such as UB-Lunar, etc)
-Fixed some trainers having wrong classes
-Z-Trainer Makana at Route 3 properly changed into Cynthia
-Anabel mini event at Konikoni now has proper dialogue and team.
-Ryuki and another trainer mini event at Hano Grand Hotel now have proper dialogues and teams.
-Mina's battle model is replaced with the one from Trendy series.

EVOLUTIONS
-Alolan Muk can now properly evolve into Guzzlord when learning Swallow
-Regular Rockruff now evolves into Dawn Lycanroc at daytime and into Midnight Lycanroc
at nighttime.
-Special Rockruff (Ice/Rock) now evolves into Ice Lycanroc at level 25
-Wailmer evolves into Wailord at level 20 (previously 40)
-Phantump evolves into Trevenant at level 30
-Pumpkaboo evolves into Gourgeist at level 30
-Silvally can evolve into Arceus by feeding Ultra Malasada at Ultra Wormhole

OVERWORLD
-Dimensional Research Lab now displays images of a certain trainer from another world.
-Swapped the Punk trainers at Ruins of Light with a Kartenvoy and a PMC Lady.

BATTLE STAGES
-Abandoned Mart now have a candy battle stage
-Abandoned Mart Totem Battle and Misty Terrain now have candy batle stages

TEXT
-Pokedex entries have been updated for the new Pokemon and some retextured Pokemon.
-The event at Alola Photo Club now has proper dialogue.
-More spelling fixes.
-A few trainer tips board are now changed into new pokemon and evolution tips.
-More dialogue edits for Skull Cafe.
-End credits now display tools used for the creation of the mod, awards for certain
players and story endings.
-Included a disclaimer for crash at Alola Photo Club and in the Pokemon League.

WILD ENCOUNTER
-Fixed various strong Pokemon being available at Route 1 and Melemele Sea Fishing spots.
-Marshadow added to Hauoli Cemetery
-Cherubi added to Paniola Ranch
-Sudowoodo added to Route 12 and Blush Mountain
-More Magnetons added to Mount Hokulani
-Alolan Muk added to Poni Wilds
-More variety of Pokemon at Mount Lanakila
-Various wild encounter and SOS additions

TRIAL
-Fixed Pheromosa in Lush Jungle trial

This download link contains all Garcs and music files required for the mod.
In other words, you don't need to download the previous updates.

DOWNLOAD LINK V0.2 (1.16GB) : [MEGA]

TaectI7.png

v0.2 is intended to be the pinnacle of this mod as of this time. Please try to spread the news of this new version to the people playing it, especially those on Youtube, as this will provide the silliest experience playing this mod while making sure that there is no unintended crash at the same time. Thank you.

This almost crash-free patch is made possible thanks to the people that played it, especially those that reported the bugs or uploaded the gameplay on youtube. There's just too many of you guys. Thanks again.
Of course, new patch means there's a probability that it will cause new unseen bugs. Please understand desu~

Edit: A stealthy update has been made to the patch, fixing Acerola's missing battle model, Plumeria battle bug in front of Aether House and Phyco text fix.
Edit2: eevee still doesnt learn octazooka or shadow ball this patch lmao kill me
@rusyaas can you reupload this file? because it doesn't download:(

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@rusyaas can you reupload this file? because it doesn't download:(

y6PDiH9.png

For now, if anyone's still trying to play, you can get the COMPLETE POKEMON STAR ROM at that certain iso site (google 3ds iso).
Or google it. There's multiple sites that are already posting their own links for the rom.

Or contact this anonymous haxxer at discord (rusyaas#4065), or gmail [email protected]

Reactions: Tower

Phanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A083 garc will crash the game. So dont copy paste it. But in doing so you will not see edited overworld models, environment, and wild pokemon encounter.
So is the mod pointless at that point. I'm only wondering because I could not stomach why way through the original ultra moon and I was hoping this would make it more fun

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the mod pointless at that point. I'm only wondering because I could not stomach why way through the original ultra moon and I was hoping this would make it more fun
It's not pointless, it mainly changes the aesthetics and wild pokemon encounters iirc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock