[Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Asdolo, Aug 15, 2016.

?

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2016.
  1. Yes

73 vote(s)
    82.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. I don't care!

14 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. Hypnotizing

Hypnotizing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2015
    Mexico
    Well i cant get Mario pinball land to work, i've tried with eeprom, flash and sram save methods, all three of them give the same save failed error.

Is there a way to fix it ?, or the title is not supported?

2. dragonfire535

dragonfire535 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2016
    United States
    It's a Secret (Shhhhh...)
    I was trying to get the English patch of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade to work, but the saving method is not listed (FE:TBB uses 256kb SRAM, which isn't listed, only 128kb SRAM is listed). Is there any way to fix this?

3. Hypnotizing

Hypnotizing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2015
    Mexico
    Nevermind, applying the sram patch fixed it.

Can that patch be applied to every rom i use and not cause problems?

Asdolo likes this.
  4. Flystar

Flystar Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2016
    United States
    Under a rock
    I've been playing with 128 kb SRAM and it seems to work just fine.

5. dragonfire535

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2016
    United States
    I'll try this, thanks! I expected as much XP

6. ElitePowerGamer

ElitePowerGamer Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    Canada
    [​IMG]
    There seems to be a black line under the title screen image for the 3D banner?

7. Asdolo
    OP

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Apr 29, 2016
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    The Game Icon image used by official ambassador games is the title screen. Wait for tomorrow for the next version of the injector, because I fix on it a banner image resize bug.

The injector provides a text banner creator, but it's not accurate as the official VC ones. The proper way to make these text banner is with Photoshop or Gimp. Check this thread, it explains how to do official looking VC injects using my injectors, even the text banner thing. If you're not able to get the text banners properly, then tell me and I'll make them for you.
    Also, to make 3rd gen Pokemon Games to save well, you have to follow this guide. Again, tell me by PM if you can't achieve this for any reason. I have all the 1-7 generation Pokémon games on my 3DS, so I can help you.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

The border color is like that due to the color customization. I had to turn it gray and then find a custom purple color which will turn the gray border to purple, and so on with any color (using alpha blending). If you find a more accurate purple color, tell me and I'll going to make it default.

Only apply it if the game doesn't save and load properly.

Fixed in the next version (tomorrow), sorry!

Last edited by Asdolo, Jan 19, 2017
  8. Shak0

Shak0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    Senegal
    For some reason the injector looks like so
    upload_2017-1-19_20-51-51.png upload_2017-1-19_20-52-23.png

Any clue how to fix this?
    This replicates the preview onto the 3ds system and does not work at all.
    Thanks

EDIT: nvm solved it, had to switch my scaling back to the smallest as a temporary fix. Great tool tho!

Last edited by Shak0, Jan 19, 2017
  9. Rick Astley

Rick Astley The real one !

Apr 1, 2015
    Hi !

I was aware for the title screen yep, but I don't remember if it was streched or not on the game icon image, that's why i've asked, but anyway i'll wait for the next version o/ !

I found the right font + size + .psd for doing it, so i'm gonna try this and play a little it's perfect \o/ ! Gonna check the thread anyway in case but thanks for the proposition !

And no problem for the save stuff (doing ASM + Rom hacking in Pokemon GBA games, but i've to admit it was quite difficult to make a proper VC of my Fire Red with double encounters everywhere x_x)

Thanks o/

Asdolo likes this.
  10. dragonfire535

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2016
    United States
    Question, how did you get those DS Games installed to the system?

11. Asdolo
    OP

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Apr 29, 2016
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    They are forwarders for my DSTwo flashcard. Check this thread.

12. Asdolo
    OP

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Apr 29, 2016
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    Do this:

13. Asdolo
    OP

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Apr 29, 2016
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    New version 1.6b!

What's new:

* Fixed the banner resizing (a.k.a. "there's a black line on the bottom of the banner").
    * Fixed the bug that causes line breaks on the Title name and publisher to become question marks.

Links in the OP!

14. OfficialBrony

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    Hey I tried Emerald and did the hexing modifications for it in the thread you've linked me a whole ago. I still seem to have the dried out battery error and I know I did it right with the Hex because I tried it 5 times to make sure I am doing it perfectly. Sorry if I should have posted this in the thread you've sent me a while back.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

15. Asdolo
    OP

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Apr 29, 2016
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    Are you using the USA version? Can you save and load the game ignoring the battery dried error?

16. OfficialBrony

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    I am currently not at home, I am at a Pokémon TCG tourney. Can I just pm you the site I got the rom from instead?

17. Asdolo
    OP

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Apr 29, 2016
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    Hmm the site doesn't matter. I just have to know if the rom is USA or EUR. It's possible that the game can save and load even with that error.

If you did follow the guide and you did the Part 2, that message should not be shown. If you just made the Part 1, the message should be shown, but the game should save and load correctly.

If you even can't get the rom to work, check this other thread. Go to Section Q: GBA Games, and download the custom IPS patch that @CheatFreak47 made for fixing the 3rd gen Pokémon save issues. Make sure you use an USA rom.

18. GeneraLight

GeneraLight GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2012
    United States
    I never understood why anyone would inject multiplayer GBA games (Pokemon RSE/FRLG, Mario Kart SC, etc.) on the 3DS. You can't connect or communicate with other games at all, so the multiplayer aspect is completely useless.

Last edited by GeneraLight, Jan 19, 2017
  19. OfficialBrony

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    It was a USA copy and I did everything 5 times so I know I was doing it right. I still get the message

20. OfficialBrony

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    But it's the cool fact that you can have GBA roms as a GBA virtual console. Plus, the Pokémon games you listed are 99.99% one player games